Was The Punisher Being Established in Captain America: The Winter Soldier?

steeltoe

Established Member
http://comicbook.com/2014/09/14/was-the-punisher-being-established-in-captain-america-the-winter/

During an interview with ComingSoon.net, the filmmakers revealed that during Captain America: The Winter Soldier, there are two separate instances when the heroes are saved or villains get their comeuppance as a result of a yellow Penske truck. Apparently, in-story, those were both the same truck and driver.

Here's how ComingSoon reported it (leaving in their commentary as well): "The man who drives that truck," Joe deadpans, joking that the driver is a candidate for a future Marvel One-Shot, "Is very highly trained. He thinks on his own terms. He's got a plan and a very specific skill set."

Marvel One-Shot aside The Punisher is the one character who could seamless move from throughout the MCU including Agents of Shield, and the Netflix series. Out of all the characters introduced to the MCU he's the one with the most connections to everyone.

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
I think Thomas Jane played a good Punisher. I doubt he'll take the role or even be offered it if they reboot it again for the 3rd or 4th time.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I think Thomas Jane played a good Punisher. I doubt he'll take the role or even be offered it if they reboot it again for the 3rd or 4th time.
+1 He was a great Punisher, the story and script, not soo much.

Hmmm interesting, will have to take another look at it again. Just thinking, wonder what Rocket Raccon would say about SPOILERS Bucky's SPOILERS metal arm LOLZ "I have a plan, I need your arm"

Last edited:

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
+1 he was a great punisher, the story and script, not soo much.

Hmmm interesting, will have to take another look at it again. Just thinking, wonder what rocket raccon would say about spoilers bucky's spoilers metal arm lolz "i have a plan, i need your arm"

hahaha!!!!

steeltoe

Established Member
Watched it Friday night, one of my favorites so far.
Guardians and Cap 2 are tied for my top spot.
+1 He was a great Punisher, the story and script, not soo much.
Yeah I feel like a lot of comic movies have that problem. I can name a few movies like this.
Hmmm interesting, will have to take another look at it again. Just thinking, wonder what Rocket Raccon would say about SPOILERS Bucky's SPOILERS metal arm LOLZ "I have a plan, I need your arm"

lolol that would be funny

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
+1 for Thomas Jane, that punisher movie was great. But I did like the merciless slaughter of punisher war zone, pure no mercy. I totally still dig the first one with Dolph Lundgren!!!:rockon:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Thomas Jane loves the role. He even did that "Dirty Laundry" short as the Punisher as an add on to the movie. I really hope they would pick him back up.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread