Washed and waxed the cobra, plus some new custom mods!!

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Great looking car and dont paint those wheels black. Looks great as is. I'm interested in more details on what you did on the crossover for the head cooling mod. I'm in the process of a Whipple swap with the Evenflow kit and wanted to do something cleaner like you did instead of T-ing off into the radiator hose.

N8dogg

Silver...
Established Member
For the pod I used a small piece of 1/8" lexan and cut it up on my bandsaw and then glued it all together with plastic weld, then attached the new piece to the existing bezel with plastic weld, and from there a little bondo and sanding. After smooth i primered it and then used SEM texture coat for the texture and SEM bumper coat for the color. To match the interior color with automotive paint (which would have been a perfect match) was outta the price range i wanted to be in. I used a Daytona wideband on my TT lightning that made 1040 to the tires and it was dead on all the time so i went with their newest gauge this time and so far so good.

Heres some pics of it too. (iphone 4 camera)
NATESCOBRA10.jpg

NATESCOBRA9.jpg

For the head cooling mod I ordered JUST the fitting that goes into the head for about 50 bucks, I had an aluminum -8 AN weld bung left over from a previous project and i welded it to the head fitting. Then I cut off the 90* section of the crossover tube (with the flared end for the hose to attach to) and welded on a slightly larger 90*. I then drilled a hole in it and welded on a steel -8 AN weld bung and made a hose outta push lock fittings. put everything back together and it looks great!!
NATESCOBRA8.jpg

NATESCOBRA7.jpg

Hope this helps..

Users who are viewing this thread