Washed the 2003 Cobra - Underneath

sonicmach1

Established Member
I had my car up to recalibrate the airfuel meter and my OCD got the best of me. I washed and semi-detailed the underside. It still looks pretty good underneath for a 2003 (never in rain for 9 years).

Before
Car_Underside_Wash34_5262012_before2.jpg

During
Car_Underside_Wash26_5262012.jpg

Car_Underside_Wash31_5262012.jpg

After
Car_Underside_Wash20_5262012.jpg

Car_Underside_Wash4_5262012.jpg

Car_Underside_Wash5_5262012_2.jpg

Car_Underside_Wash1_5262012.jpg

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I need to get my car on a lift and adjust my entire exhaust. Your car looks awesome, nice work lol

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Guys, I will go out on a limb and say this is one of the cleanest cobras in the country. I have known Brian for years, and he is no joke! His attention to detail is second to none.

His OCD makes it hard to be around him with my cobra. There is a unspoken level of perfectness, lol, that you have to have to hang with him.

Looks great bro, as usual!!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Who would detail the underside of their car? :smmon:

Looks clean. I see you still suffer from the leaking diff cover syndrome though.

And why did you go bolt in subframe connectors?

sonicmach1

Established Member
Who would detail the underside of their car? :smmon:

Looks clean. I see you still suffer from the leaking diff cover syndrome though.

And why did you go bolt in subframe connectors?

The diff cover had extra sealant on it. That black is rubber. I haven't seen direct leakage, but will look closer. What is the story with that?

The subframes were from the previous owner. At least they are a decent bolt through. I never got around to welding them in. Plus I was considering others.

Thanks.

Last edited:

sonicmach1

Established Member
Those paint chip specks on the left fuel tank strap are bugging me though. I will correct that tomorrow. Ha.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The diff cover had extra sealant on it. That black is rubber. I haven't seen direct leakage, but will look closer. What is the story with that?
They all tend to leak due to the movement of the diff housing. It's just one of the downfalls of the stock IRS.

It's nice to see someone taking care of their ride! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread