Wasn't going to...2013 svtpp rims...

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Sarcasm will be tricky for a corporate rep in a dissat situation. Anyway, are we saying that Ford can't match a 1 year old rim?
Lol! No sarcasm, victorc. I was thanking you for mentioning me as this is the fastest way to get my attention on a thread. :)

Deysha

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
I Finally picked the car up 8/25/14. It looked right while I was at the dealership...but once I washed it, I realized Ford changed 3 rims and left 1 original. This by far is completely insane. Same situation...just reversed, 3 match lighter and the original is darker. The right thing to do was replace all 4 if the 1 darker original couldn't be found. All I wanted was for the $2k my Ins. co. paid was to get 1 matching rim. What I got was over 60 days without my car, and still have one unmatched rim. Customer Service never called back as they said they would. Ford you suck. $60 some thousand dollars I spent on this vehicle and 2 years later you cant match a rim, and instead of doing the right thing, send me down the road in a GT500 clown vehicle. Well the joke will be on you, I will take this vehicle to car shows...I will tell the story over and over and show the proof. I am loyal only to my wallet, and as I just bought my wife a New 2014 Honda Accord EX V6 Thurs 9/04/2014...from this rim, Ford was out of the question. Anyone want to buy this 2013 GT500? 8k miles, $54k I'll let it go. And as long as I live, I will never purchase a Ford AGAIN.

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Just my opinion, but i think if you look across the Internet, you can find a similar story for any Car manufacture or for that matter any kind of manufacture regarding customer service. It is my experience sometimes the stars line up and everything works out and sometimes they don't. My wife had a Chevy Traverse where the modular engine kept having oil leaks and after the second time in 3 months of them having to replace the main seal, she threw in the towel. I have had a lot of Fords and they have always been good for me, but you gotta do what you feel good about, it is your money.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Sorry to hear about this.
Makes you wonder sometimes what these dealerships
really care about.
I Finally picked the car up 8/25/14. It looked right while I was at the dealership...but once I washed it, I realized Ford changed 3 rims and left 1 original. This by far is completely insane. Same situation...just reversed, 3 match lighter and the original is darker. The right thing to do was replace all 4 if the 1 darker original couldn't be found. All I wanted was for the $2k my Ins. co. paid was to get 1 matching rim. What I got was over 60 days without my car, and still have one unmatched rim. Customer Service never called back as they said they would. Ford you suck. $60 some thousand dollars I spent on this vehicle and 2 years later you cant match a rim, and instead of doing the right thing, send me down the road in a GT500 clown vehicle. Well the joke will be on you, I will take this vehicle to car shows...I will tell the story over and over and show the proof. I am loyal only to my wallet, and as I just bought my wife a New 2014 Honda Accord EX V6 Thurs 9/04/2014...from this rim, Ford was out of the question. Anyone want to buy this 2013 GT500? 8k miles, $54k I'll let it go. And as long as I live, I will never purchase a Ford AGAIN.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If you can't get Ford to cough up the other wheel, you should consider power coating all the wheels. There are some great colors available and if one of the rims gets scratched, you can always refinish it. Just make sure you get some extra powder from the coater, just to make sure you get a perfect match. this is what I plan to do with my extra set of wheel, 2 of which are damaged. I had zero luck trying to match the original finish.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Dealership? This was Ford Corporate...they had some of their top people in Detroit on this, regional managers, etc. This was a pathetic joke, and the joke is on me! Until I turn it back around showing this car off to thousands of people. I like to educate people. Look how this car company I was loyal to for 17 years treated me after they were paid $2,000.00 to replace a rim. They actually let a GT500 go down the road with non matching rims! They do not care about their customers or appearance of their product.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
I'm not powder coating anything...I'm not spending one more red cent or dime on this vehicle. What I am going to do is get rid of it, like a bad habit. Ford received $2,000.00 to replace a rim. They could not replace the color, they could not or would not, but threw the lighter '14 rim on it. When I would not take my clowned GT500 home, they now replaced 3 rims in the new "14 lighter color and left me 1 original darker rim. And it took them over 60 days to do it, I was fooled to take it, and now see after washing it what they did. I cant wait to go to some car shows...until I sell it.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
A friend has a 13 PP and his rims are almost black, very dark. In contrast, my 14 PP has rims that are much lighter and have a blue/chrome look. Almost like bluing on a gun on my 14 rims. He and I always thought it was odd the rims were different. He purchased his car new and me the same, so they had not been jacked with prior to our ownership.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ed49c2797&item=201135499159&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I was going through ebay looking at MY'14s and came across this black GT500...see how lighter the rims are? This is what Ford sent the Dealership as a replacement for my '13. Doesn't match and isn't even close. Waiting for a phone call today from Customer Service....

Here is a link to my '13...big difference in color even in the sun...
http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/2...VT Shelby GT500/e6439aeb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=32
I made the exact same observation regarding the PP rims that came on my brand new 2013 MY car. They are much lighter in color than every other set I've seen, from both the 2013 and 2014 MYs...

Note the difference between my rims, and those on the white 2013 next to my car:
IMG_0185_zps639bbe7f.gif

Note the difference between my rims, and those on the white 2014 next to my car: (FWIW, the Candy Red car is also a 2013.)
IMG_0244_zps661adb2e.gif

IMG_0252_zpsa2dea9c6.gif

To me, that black gt500's wheels are typical of different light angles on the pp wheels. That effect is why I love the performance pack finish.
I know what you're saying, but the difference in color is far greater than what occurs from light angles alone. I believe Ford (and the sub from which they procure PP rims) have serious quality control problems in their finishing process.

Sorry to hear about this.
Makes you wonder sometimes what these dealerships really care about.
+1. With the exception of Deysha (who I believe does her best to assist owners) and the small dealership where I took delivery of my car (that took excellent care of me after Ford corporate turned a blind eye to the fact that I was repeatedly lied to by a large dealership when trying to order/buy my car), I'm disgusted with most Ford dealerships' and the Ford corporate customer service philosophy (aka a complete LACK OF IT). We're in the market for a car for my wife. Like AMTheOne2HotScott, I KNOW it won't be a Ford.

Last edited:

lvxlr8n

Established Member
Sorry to hear this as well. I'd rather have your problem than what I have been going through. Wish you luck with the sale.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Norton, as usual, you are correct and your observations are spot on...my front left looks like the white GT500 and the rear left looks like the black GT500 in the photo. How they would not know how to duplicate a color in 2014 on a car built on 5/2012 is absolutely pathetic. Do I want a vehicle from a manufacturer who cant match a rim in color 2 years later in the year of 2014? (We are not talking 1913 here) I think not. Do I want a vehicle from a manufacturer who after 60 days, vehicle sitting at a dealership, still cant match, and send my customer down the road with mismatched rims on our $60k halo car? Absolutely NOT.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Ford can't match the color, one of the layers of paint is proprietary to Helios. I would be pissed also, but there's no way in hell I would have left my car at ford for 60 days for a wheel color. Maybe you can get Ford to send you a 4 wheel replacement set that you can go to the dealership and accept or deny before they put your tires on them. 60 days over a wheel is horse shit.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I don't understand why your car was at the dealer for 60 days while waiting on rims. I would have been driving it.

Those pics definately show the difference between the rims colors. My 14 is the light color. A friends 13 is the solid black color. Interestingly, the factory must be aware of this at some level since it seems they are at least getting matched sets on the cars when they leave the plant.

Sad, very sad.....

Tom

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Dealership? This was Ford Corporate...they had some of their top people in Detroit on this, regional managers, etc. This was a pathetic joke, and the joke is on me! Until I turn it back around showing this car off to thousands of people. I like to educate people. Look how this car company I was loyal to for 17 years treated me after they were paid $2,000.00 to replace a rim. They actually let a GT500 go down the road with non matching rims! They do not care about their customers or appearance of their product.
Do you still have your case number, TheOne2HotScott? If not, will you please send me your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number?

+1. With the exception of Deysha (who I believe does her best to assist owners) and the small dealership where I took delivery of my car (that took excellent care of me after Ford corporate turned a blind eye to the fact that I was repeatedly lied to by a large dealership when trying to order/buy my car), I'm disgusted with most Ford dealerships' and the Ford corporate customer service philosophy (aka a complete LACK OF IT).
Thank you for the kind words, Norton!

Deysha

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I understand your frustration and agree Ford could be handling this MUCH better, but I think its a bit over the top to give up on the car for this.
You can get a complete set of new take offs for $2000 everyday in the classifieds.
Just sayin'
-J

SlowVert

Established Member
I agree there are definitely lighter and darker rims in the mix on these 13/14's... the PP rims on my 14 almost match the SGM paint of the car... I actually wish they were darker like I've seen on other cars.

J.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
I understand your frustration and agree Ford could be handling this MUCH better, but I think its a bit over the top to give up on the car for this.
You can get a complete set of new take offs for $2000 everyday in the classifieds.
Just sayin'
-J

Thanks biminiLX I know there are a thousand different rims out there for this Ford. I happened to like the original rims I had. I didn't want any other rims. Through the negligence, idiocy, and pure disregard of law and other people's property...persons traveling down the highway in a pick up truck dropped unsecured wooden pallets in the roadway. I was unfortunate enough to not be able to avoid this other persons negligence. My Ins. co. paid Ford $2,000.00 to replace a rim. Ford threw a lighter colored rim on my vehicle that didn't match, the dealership said Ford had no resolution and to come and pick your car up. I refused and contacted Ford Customer Service, they were on it. They said I could not pick my vehicle up, or it would be the end of their investigation and I'd own the lighter colored rim. There my vehicle sat for 60 some days while they figured out what to do (or not do). In the end, I now have 3 "new" rims of the same color, and 1 original darker rim. Changing all 4 rims out to this new color would've been satisfactory, even though I still would rather have the original darker rims my 2013 GT500 came with. Why should I incur any other costs? Why did Ford not replace all 4 rims to the same color? Why did they leave 1 original? Well now they have the documentation of the color and where the other 3 rims came from...all they need to do now is send 1 to the dealer and order it to replace the front right. Will they do the right thing? I have no faith in Ford. I have already planned to go to a car show this Sat. and show off my beautiful 2013 GT500 with different colored rims, and a buddy is making me a detailed chart with a timeline and big arrow pointing to the rim...was also thinking about going to a few chevy shows and putting it up front and center...I know the bowtie boys will get a kick out of that!

victorc

Established Member
As much as I dislike Ford for their service and would never buy another one I'm gonna come down in the camp of not getting rid of it too. It's an icon, the last of it's kind. Don't let Ford ruin that for you. You can reconcile by telling all your friends, posting everywhere you go, etc,... how bad the post-sales support is from corporate.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
006.jpg

This is one of the "new" rims...old rim repainted, or new rim, I don't know. It seems to be lacking the "Helix". This is 1 of 3 on the car. The driver's side has both in this color, new rim, or whatever it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread