Watch out for 99cobrajn!!

JSpeed71

Mod Motor Junkie
Established Member
This guy vouched for parts by posting them for sale. I have a HUGE issue with the fact that the heads he posted for sale were total junk, busted plug threads, etc...tried to get him to as well as his buddy to make good on it...he deleted the ad they were posted in, hoping no one would notice. Benjamin Bryant is a crook as well as 99cobrajn. Do not do business with 99cobrajn or [email protected].

You both picked the wrong person to screw over.

JSpeed71

Mod Motor Junkie
Established Member
I appreciate it. I wouldn't make a big deal about it except for the fact this guy attempted to delete the post, which described the heads. Stated they were mid mile take offs. They are not. Now neither with answer phone calls, texts, or emails. Looks like I may have to keep an eye out for both these dirt bags now here on SVTP.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very sorry to hear that you got screwed. Hopefully, in the end, justice will prevail in some way. How much did you pay for them?

JSpeed71

Mod Motor Junkie
Established Member
Paid $550 shipped. Said they were used takeoffs...figured I'd need a valve job and surface, no big deal. Showed up with mega issues...in them for over $300 in work now. Due to the way I paid, no dispute possible through PayPal.

The individual that posted them up stated he barely talks to him, had parts bought from him a while back, etc...yet the heads shipped in a box that was reused with a previous label/ship date a few days before the ship date of these parts. His story doesn't add up, but whatever. Dunno about y'all but if I post something for sale under my name, I check it out first.

Lesson learned. Don't worry, karma comes back around and I'll keep a eye out for both.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you make a "gift" payment? Is that why you can't file a claim with PayPal?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Did you make a "gift" payment? Is that why you can't file a claim with PayPal?
Oh PLEASE don't tell me this is another "Gifting" issue... I really have NO SYMPATHY for those who feel that cheating PayPal out of their cut is worth more than the security of getting a refund when shit goes South.

U.M.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Oh PLEASE don't tell me this is another "Gifting" issue... I really have NO SYMPATHY for those who feel that cheating PayPal out of their cut is worth more than the security of getting a refund when shit goes South.

U.M.

I've felt the same,
But a link to the thread would help with the deleting post part.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Like other members have said, "gifting" on PayPal is asking for trouble. I still hope it works out as I can't stand scammers. Learn from this and stop cheaping out and screwing yourselves over....When will people learn?

good luck either way OP

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
I wouldn't gift money and idk why buyers keep gifting. I don't see how that's cheaping out either. I wouldn't buy from a buyer that won't eat the Paypal fees either. The merchant should pay the fees, no reason for the buyer to. The buyers keep screwing themselves for no reason, although we haven't confirmed if that's the case here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread