Watch out GT350, The 1LE SS is coming!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So the new 1LE was just announced. I have a feeling, and time will tell off course, the 1LE Camaro may match the GT350s performance in every way.. Maybe after that, all this ADM nonesense will come to an end.

[bold=]I can't stand all the hype that Ford creates around their cars which makes people go insane.[/bold]

IMO, the Ford dealers shouldn't see a dime over sticker price, especially on the none Rs, and if Chevy has to be the one to bring people back down to earth, then so be it. My local dealer has a 350 at 100k over sticker.. thats right, 100k..

[youtube_browser]MLPvxA131t0[/youtube_browser]

To me, though quite toned down, the "3 seconds faster" comment in this video is a hype bait.

A well to do novice could look at streets of willow lap times and say "oh, look a 1le ran 1:22.7 there, so the new 1le could be looking at 1:19.5's. Hell ya, I love this car".

Well, considering a last gen z06 z07 pack ran 1:20.~5 there, and a gtr nismo went 1:19.7, how the hell could that possibly be true?

Same track, same driver- Randy Phobst, different day though. Still, it's not likely the "3 seconds faster" holds up at a track shorter than 2-2.5 miles. This is a $42,500~ car. Don't get too wound up by the hype.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
Viper ACR is a record setting car. Its an absolute monster.. its everything a Viper should have been. Z28 is something completely different.. and BTW its nor just tires and brakes, there is a lot more to a Z28 than that. It is also not a bad car, its a great car! Its just not a $70k car, but neither is the GT350 and time will prove that..
Lol @ great car. It was a one trick pony , period. The z28 is a decent buy at 50k but it's resale will continue to slide

And the GT350s value has proven itself in the marketplace already. Ford has already on pace to sell more GT350s than the combined 14/15 total for the z28s with zero indication that easy msrp deals are on the horizon. Hell people are already lining up for 2017 allocations.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I love the gt350 but I wouldn't be surprised if the new 1le is faster than 350 in ever aspect. The 350 has more power but is heavier. Time will tell but I think that chevy has a strong platform with the 6th gen slomaro.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I love the gt350 but I wouldn't be surprised if the new 1le is faster than 350 in ever aspect. The 350 has more power but is heavier. Time will tell but I think that chevy has a strong platform with the 6th gen slomaro.

Nobody knows the weight of the 1LE. It's very likely that it will weigh just as much as the GT350 with all the new equipment. I wish everyone would stop stating that as a fact when we still don't know yet.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Wider 20" wheels, wider tires, bigger brakes, heavier suspension components, and an electronic diff. The only thing we know of that's lighter than the base 1SS is possibly the Recaros. I bet it will gain a significant amount of weight over the regular 1SS.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I could see a 1le giving a base gt350 a good run, aggressive vs average tires, mag ride vs fixed, etc.

A tech or track gt350 should walk a 1le pretty easy. Worst case, throw the same tire compound on each and it's a no brainer.

Don't fall into the hype. While Chevy does offer tons of performance for the dollar, they rarely inform you that the tires are doing some serious talking.

Put a6's on both.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
To me, though quite toned down, the "3 seconds faster" comment in this video is a hype bait.

A well to do novice could look at streets of willow lap times and say "oh, look a 1le ran 1:22.7 there, so the new 1le could be looking at 1:19.5's. Hell ya, I love this car".

Well, considering a last gen z06 z07 pack ran 1:20.~5 there, and a gtr nismo went 1:19.7, how the hell could that possibly be true?

Same track, same driver- Randy Phobst, different day though. Still, it's not likely the "3 seconds faster" holds up at a track shorter than 2-2.5 miles. This is a $42,500~ car. Don't get too wound up by the hype.
Good post, I thing the GM fan boys are causing a ruckus with this car because of all the limelight the GT350 has taken. I remember when GM hyped the shit out of the ZL1 and last year the c7z, lol.

We'll see, I would love nothing more than a mid cycle refresh, 200lbs drop and more power massaged out of the 5.2FPC. If that happens I'm in!

mike.s

Established Member
i dont care if it is faster than the 350, it is ugly and the interior looks out of date. the 350 looks 10 times better and the exhaust will sound much better too. i will give up a little speed for that

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Wider 20" wheels, wider tires, bigger brakes, heavier suspension components, and an electronic diff. The only thing we know of that's lighter than the base 1SS is possibly the Recaros. I bet it will gain a significant amount of weight over the regular 1SS.

I don't think it'll gain that much weight. The bigger wheels are forged and said to weigh about the same as the SS wheels, the tires are non run flats which are also said not to add weight from what I read. The rotors use aluminum hats so the rotors are supposed to weigh roughly the same. The calipers will add weight. Not sure how much weight the e diff adds.

Al O said they designed the 1LE with the 350 in mind but we'll have to wait and see what the performance is. I bet it will at the very least, match the 350's performance on the track. It won't touch the R, however.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
i dont care if it is faster than the 350, it is ugly and the interior looks out of date. the 350 looks 10 times better and the exhaust will sound much better too. i will give up a little speed for that

To be honest, I think the new Camaro's interior is nicer than the S550. The center stack on the S550 leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. I'm not enamored with the exterior of either one of them, but the GT350 corrects a LOT of the woes with the S550's exterior.

Al O said they designed the 1LE with the 350 in mind but we'll have to wait and see what the performance is. I bet it will at the very least, match the 350's performance on the track. It won't touch the R, however.

The way I understood what he was saying in the interview he did with TFL, the 1LE package is going to fall just shy of the GT350 or just even with it, depending on the type of course. GT350 reviews rave about how good it is, then some continue further to say the GT350R is otherworldly.

az20115.0

Established Member
SO!! it seems the 1LE will match the Z28s track times according to the developers of the 1LE.. which means, they will be faster than the base 350s.. tires your say? 1le will sport the Goodyear Eagle F1 tires285/30ZR20 in the front and 305/30ZR20 in the rear.. you all know the 350 runs 295 Front 305 Rear 19" super sports. I would say the 350 has a tire and rotating mass advantage here.. the 1LE also has a bake disadvantage at 370mm vs 394mm on the 350.. It also makes due with major power disadvantage at 455 vs 526.. hmm.. My prediction is that the only loss the 1LE will have is the 1/4 mile trap speed.. Soon enough we can all check back to see if I was right.. anyway, I will be driving the SS as soon as I have a few minutes to get to the dealership.. Unfortunately due to the insanity of the 350 hype, I cannot drive the 350 even though its not a limited production car.. A cant even hear it run.. In fact at 100k over sticker at my local dealer, I am surprised that I wasn't tazed by getting close to it.. this is just ****ing retarted..
Ford better have an answer and not in a ****ing 300 car production run..
Cheers!

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I'm buying a 2017 1LE to try out. My plan is to trade it for a GT350 in a couple of years if it doesn't grow on me. My buddy at the Chevy dealer came to me with a ridiculously good offer, and I'm estimating that I'll get in the 1LE with a $400 per month cheaper car payment than a GT350 if the price is where I'm thinking it will be. He'll be calling me as soon as the 2017 orders open. Hoping to get it sometime in the third quarter.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
SO!! it seems the 1LE will match the Z28s track times according to the developers of the 1LE.. which means, they will be faster than the base 350s.. tires your say? 1le will sport the Goodyear Eagle F1 tires285/30ZR20 in the front and 305/30ZR20 in the rear.. you all know the 350 runs 295 Front 305 Rear 19" super sports. I would say the 350 has a tire and rotating mass advantage here.. the 1LE also has a bake disadvantage at 370mm vs 394mm on the 350.. It also makes due with major power disadvantage at 455 vs 526.. hmm.. My prediction is that the only loss the 1LE will have is the 1/4 mile trap speed.. Soon enough we can all check back to see if I was right.. anyway, I will be driving the SS as soon as I have a few minutes to get to the dealership.. Unfortunately due to the insanity of the 350 hype, I cannot drive the 350 even though its not a limited production car.. A cant even hear it run.. In fact at 100k over sticker at my local dealer, I am surprised that I wasn't tazed by getting close to it.. this is just ****ing retarted..
Cheers!

Who in the world said its the same pace as a z28? Al O said 3 seconds faster than the old 1le. He did not say what track. Both ran at milford I believe and it was 58.8 for the old 1le and 53.7 for the z28. Or a 5.1 sec difference.
This would put the new 1le 2 sec short of the z28 at a two minute track. Which is exactly where the GT350 is tested at slightly slower track 00.8 and 59.0 respectively 1.8 sec behind.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Cheers!

The answer is the 2017 have the track pack standard. That gains it about 1.1 seconds over a tech pack only car. It's also got Michael Jordan sneakers which gain it .75 seconds. And it comes with Scotty Pippen leg warmers which also gain it .85 seconds. Oh and a Starbucks gift card worth $1.15 for ever $1.00 you spend on pumpkin spice latte's. The energy garnered from the therapeutic alchamists brew is found to generate 67% more neural connectivity between axons, which leads to 201% more triangulated muscle memory characteristics.

Basically, it'll crush a 1le by 100 seconds a lap.

Oh, and the guy buying the Shelby will be enjoying his car just fine if the guy buying the 1le is slightly faster. People don't buy $50k cars for hype, they buy what they like. It's why the z28 tanked. Tire stripe sticker and decal packages work on $25k cars, because those buyers do magazine diligence.

a great driver in a great car is faster than an amateur in a race car

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
I'd rather drive a yugo than a camero. It gets more looks (be it probably because it looks like crap) and doesn't make me feel like I'm driving a coffin. Enjoy them 1le buyers!!

93oh

Established Member
They will sell as many as they did with the 5th Generation.. Not many. The Vette motor does not have flexibility of the Voodoo plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread