Watching old Three Stooges shows

loadchris

Established Member
Movie doesn't look that great, but man I still laugh at the old shows (on AMC right now)! Any Three Stooges fans in here?

ssssnake

Established Member
I don't think I'll see the movie - I know I'll only be let down. I love all of the Stoogies, but Curly is my favorite. What a looker.
3stooges.jpg

Moe, Larry, cheese!!!!

hoamskilet

Established Member
I'm guessing the movie is gonna be horrible. Honestly I don't think there's anything they could do to make a good three stooges movie. They were hysterical

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I feel like traitor, but I have to admit: the previews of the new movie have made me laugh. My wife hates the movie already, and that's a positive sign I will enjoy its slapstick humor.

oldmodman

Established Member
I love the original Stooges.

Even Shemp was pretty funny. But the last batch were not that great.

My favorites are the original shorts from the 30's

But why no love for Laurel & Hardy?

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Ive been a 3 stooges fan ever since I was a little kid, still love them to this day! Not sure about the new movie, I might go and see it but have mixed feelings about how it will be.
I agree I even liked when they had Shemp in there, but the one I couldnt stand was the Curly-wanna be, Joe. He was NOT funny and definitely was no Curly!

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I read an article about the Farley Brothers [ producers] and they are huge Stooges fans.
When casting the movie they used relative unknowns because they wanted the actors to be more like the original Stooges than some "big time" actors version of them. The guy that plays Moe is a huge fan as well. I will give it a try.

cbradley49

Established Member
The movie was pretty funny. The guy that played curly was spot on with the original curly. Along with Moe. Larry was kinda questionable in the movie

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Been a fan since I was in school. Back in the early 80's they were on everyday after school. Loved them.

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
Movie was fantastic you guys! They give sooo much respect the the originals. Give it a shot my sides actually hurt halfway through the movie with my 11 year old in stitches right besides me. I too was hesitant, but I learned the Farlley bros were doing this, and they are huge Stooges fans theres no way they would let Hollywood taint the style. They paid a true homeage to classic Stooges.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read an article about the Farley Brothers [ producers] and they are huge Stooges fans.
When casting the movie they used relative unknowns because they wanted the actors to be more like the original Stooges than some "big time" actors version of them. The guy that plays Moe is a huge fan as well. I will give it a try.
That was the immediate thing I noticed when I saw the trailer for the movie. The actor were unknowns to me but looked a lot like the originals. That was smart for them to do that. I'm a 3 Stooges fan so I'll see the movie at some point. Not in the theater, though.

03cobraracer

Established Member
im a huge stooges fan always watched there shows growing up, cracks me up everytime. i cant beleive i didnt know they had a movie coming out! sucks being in germany you dont always hear about stuff... just watched the trailer i was rolling. looks pretty good

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I'll see the movie when it comes on demand and I don't expect it to be as good as the originals because nothing beats the original Stooges but I think the movie can still be funny.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
It's a "On-Demand" movie for me. Dont think I would pay to see it in a theatre just because they created some funny commercials. I do love the old ones along withThe Little Rascals and The Honeymooners. Damn I miss me some Gleason.

Users who are viewing this thread