Water on wallet, ok?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Set my brand new leather wallet down on the table and got a little spot of water on it. The wallet is treated albeit a rather light shade. Just leave it to dry and it'll be fine?

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I wouldnt think it would be a problem. My time in the field with leather wallets being rained on and wet, has not affected the way it looks. Leather wallets are tough, I accidentally put mine in the washer/dryer and couldnt tell after I pulled it out. Hope this helps!!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Depends on the type of leather and finish. My current one has been serving me for over 10 years. It has gotten wet several times and survived. It has a nice patina now.

crazyj0n

Established Member
As long as you can tell it apart from other wallets, assuming for some reason multiple wallets are outside of the pocket does it really matter what it looks like?

only a gt

Established Member
I've put my leather wallet through the wash several times. I've had it for 14 years now, still looks fine. It's very very smooth now though.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
One reason I like my Carbon fiber wallet is that I don't have to worry about it. Never had an issue with my leather wallet before though when it got wet.

g4EW6LHl.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Agree, itll be fine. Dropped mine in the river once while sitting on a jet ski. Thankfully I saw it floating away, albeit open and face down.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like Sid said, it depends on the type of leather and finish. My daughter bought me an expensive Coach wallet and I forgot to take it out of my pants before they got tossed into the washing machine. The result was a ruined wallet. Not so much by the water, but by the tumbling action. I found this article of interest, since it recommends that you wash your wallet every 6 months to keep it clean and extend its life. Leather conditioner replaces lost oils, too. Give this article a read. http://bestwalletguide.com/leather-wallet-care/

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Blah, any good leather is ugliest the day you buy it. Each mark, scratch, etc adds character. Here's my wallet. Normally my insurance card is a slot lower, but I moved it to show you the leather's natural color, and the well worn and broke it look.

dIbMX20l.jpg

Like Sid said, it depends on the type of leather and finish. My daughter bought me an expensive Coach wallet and I forgot to take it out of my pants before they got tossed into the washing machine. The result was a ruined wallet. Not so much by the water, but by the tumbling action. I found this article of interest, since it recommends that you wash your wallet every 6 months to keep it clean and extend its life. Leather conditioner replaces lost oils, too. Give this article a read. http://bestwalletguide.com/leather-wallet-care/

I have and use Leather Milk. Good stuff. It's highly recommended for Saddleback Leather goods, a brand I happen to like.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. It did end up having the faintest of discoloration and texture change after it dried but anyone looking couldn't find it. Going to try some of the milk.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
The leather milk won't take that away I don't think. It's not a magical eraser of imperfections, but it is good for the overall condition of your leather. It also may darken your leather a bit depending on it's color.

Users who are viewing this thread