Weight Lifters, What Muscle Do You Enjoy Working Out The Least?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Since my knee surgery, legs!! Shoulders are a close second after I injured them as well.

BlownAway05

Established Member
Def legs.

It's easy for me to push myself with other muscles, and getting spot help, but I'll be damned if I'm doing free squats and going to do those extra force reps. Legs are by far the most mentally challenging muscle, it's very difficult for me to push myself (mainly talking about free squating)

canibus

Established Member
I hate doing abs. Just find them to be tedious. I do then at the beginning of my workout to make sure I dedicate full effort towards them. I'm pretty strong back wise but I never look forward to deadlifting. My favorite is shoulders because I find them it extremely challenging to stimulate and grow.

Weird, maybe it's my genes but my shoulders popped right up. I do beat them up quite nicely, but they didn't give me a hard time at all. Chest is where i think i'm screwed. I can't seem to shape it.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
I enjoy every muscle group, but if i had to choose, it would also be biceps, but not for the reasons you guys dislike them. I feel embarrassed to tell the truth. I look around the gym and see these meatheads doing biceps and chest and that's it and i feel like subconsciously people are grouping me in with them. lol! But, I gotta hit them. i love training abs and back.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Weird, maybe it's my genes but my shoulders popped right up. I do beat them up quite nicely, but they didn't give me a hard time at all.

+1 again. My favorite group to work out is shoulders. Since I started lifting weights in highschool my shoulders have managed to outpace my chest and back. Also my calves are ridiculous and I have never dedicated any effort to making them grow. Good genes for caves and shoulders I guess. Maybe its because I was in gymnastics and soccer growing up?

shoulders>back>legs=chest>abs>biceps

T.Man

Established Member
I HATE doing legs... However, I get the most satisfaction from doing full (below parallel) squats more so than any other exercise. My quads/hams also respond very, very quickly to different stimulation. Strange, no?

A close 2nd is abs (which never get direct training, for my own personal training beliefs)

Edit - To join in the trend of "favorites", my favorite exercises are deadlifts, DB ball press and glute/hams

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Weird, maybe it's my genes but my shoulders popped right up. I do beat them up quite nicely, but they didn't give me a hard time at all. Chest is where i think i'm screwed. I can't seem to shape it.

QFT! I have no problem getting huge in the shoulder area which really blows because it makes my chest and biceps look undersized even though I work them just as much if not more than my shoulders.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Definitely legs, for some reason I just simply cant get into it. Granted I love doing squats, but after that, im like alright I'm done....lol

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I hate doing legs. Other then that I enjoy working out.

canibus

Established Member
I wouldn't mind doing my legs so much if it didn't completely ruin my next few days. It seems as though I can't get around the rediculous soreness. Maybe I should focus more on my stretching. Any pointers?

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I wouldn't mind doing my legs so much if it didn't completely ruin my next few days. It seems as though I can't get around the rediculous soreness. Maybe I should focus more on my stretching. Any pointers?

I've stretched for 20 minutes and then worked them, and I've stretched for 5 minutes and then worked them AND I still feel wrecked for at least 2 days afterwards. I've come to the conclusion its impossible to get around it haha.

Users who are viewing this thread