Weld Racing 2013 / 2014 Shelby GT500 Drag Wheel Packages

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What is needed to run 16 inch wheels in the back? Is there any benefit over 17s?

More sidewall if you can find the right size in 16".
If both tires are 28" but one is 16 and one 17", the 16" will have more sidewall and be better for the strip.
That said, several guys have been deep 8s on the 295/45/17 MT, can't go wrong either way.
I see these RTS on my GT500 sooner or later, sweet package and price.
-J

my13Elenor

Established Member
I'm torn, would like to go with this set up, but if spending 3k for wheels and tires, spend another 1k or so, ie 12 gt500 brakes and upgraded axles and run 15" wheels and slicks. Will this set up hook up just as well?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I don't see how 325 would be wide for a 10", also M&H tends to run small for the size of at least did. 325 all day everyday!
-J

seems wide to me for the 10" rim, i'm sure you could make it work, but I've seen the mickey's on the 15" and they look "ghetto fab" to me.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm torn, would like to go with this set up, but if spending 3k for wheels and tires, spend another 1k or so, ie 12 gt500 brakes and upgraded axles and run 15" wheels and slicks. Will this set up hook up just as well?

a 15" will always hook better than a 16, a 16 will always hook better than a 17, and so on

TemplateType

Established Member
Which offset does Team Beefcake sells these in? Would you be able to get them in other widths? I assume these are the "high pad" versions?

Cman01

hello
Established Member
so those of you that have bought these wheels (mainly the front) what's the consenus???? Spacer for front necessary or not????

91z28350

Established Member
Just bought my rears 17x10's! Very stoked.Looking to go with M&H Dr's. Any with excperience on how the 325/45/17 works on a 10" rim? The next size down in a 28" tire is the 275/50/17 but I would be giving up 1.8 of tread width. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Softballer77

Established Member
So the question lingers (unless I missed it somewhere in the posts)...with the 17x10 rear weld rt-s, can us '13-'14 folk fit a slick on it and not have to worry about anything getting rubbed? Would be great to fit something like a MT ET street or something for max track traction.

We are talking about a stock suspension (not lowered) Shelby btw.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So the question lingers (unless I missed it somewhere in the posts)...with the 17x10 rear weld rt-s, can us '13-'14 folk fit a slick on it and not have to worry about anything getting rubbed? Would be great to fit something like a MT ET street or something for max track traction.

We are talking about a stock suspension (not lowered) Shelby btw.

I have ran as tall as 29.7 on a stock height s197 without rubbing

Softballer77

Established Member
Gotcha.

The white and blue Shelby on your site I noticed runs hoosiers on the back. I'm guessing those are not drag radials...are those the ones you are speaking of?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Gotcha.

The white and blue Shelby on your site I noticed runs hoosiers on the back. I'm guessing those are not drag radials...are those the ones you are speaking of?

no, those aren't that tall. I am saying the average tire is 26 to 28" , I've ran as tall as a 29.7" tire with no rubbing, so 26-28 will be fine

Softballer77

Established Member
Those are the 17x10's on that Shelby though aren't they? They don't look like 15s to me. If they are 17s, and those hoosiers are slicks, then that means I can run the 17" welds and a slick still. That was what I was going for in the end...

Users who are viewing this thread