Well i got SCRWED BIGTIME.... Beware of this guy!

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Let me make a long story short. I found out this week after 4 months of waiting and installing and taking out and putting back etc why my auto swap was dead in the water.... Mikey Goodner and Halif S. Jamal f'd me HUGE TIME... These two pricks live out in Alexandria,La. Basically Halif calls me last november about a trans his buddy was selling (Mikey) and they proceeded to talk it up to me how it was working and great etc and all that was wrong was that Mikey ballooned the converter.... Well i wish that was it. I paid a little over 2k for the built "working" lentech..... Cosmetically it looked great. Well after a few trials and tribulations it was ready to go into drive, except, oh wait, it did nothing.... I guess i shouldve known that it was fishy that they not only called me first but then drove over 5 hours to deliver it to me.... I am a much wiser man now... About $1500 dollars poorer, but a hell of a lot wiser. The transmission needed not only a new output shaft, but all new bands and a complete cleanout! Amazing how people can sleep when they do these things.... So guys, if you know, or know of these guys, do me a favor, kick them square in the nuts when you see them for me.... not really, but it would be lovely.... I assumed since it was a lentech that i was good to go, and they claimed it had low mileage etc, but come to find out that lentech had been abused.... im sure beating would have been fine, but the abuse cost me.... So guys, do yourselves a favor, and if things seem fishy.... GET A COPY OF A DRIVERS LICENSE AND SOME SORT OF A GUARANTEE that it actually WORKS!!! Why do i say this, after knowing how things work since my aunt is a lawyer and my mom works for a huge law firm.... Cuz i didnt get them. I do however have all sorts of phone calls, and txt conversations.... that im going to probably waste a few more dollars bringing this prick Mikey Goodner to court, in hopes of recoping this money. Will be in vain, probably, but im gonna give it a whirl..... I know im dumb, but i got bamboozled, and i just wanted to warn you guys of any of these fools.... Their phone #s start with 318..... Does any1 know their names on here?

Last edited:

Sage2k

Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. :(

Off topic: Where in LA are you? I just so happened to see a blue cobra today on millerville in BR. Was that you?

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
I dunno who they are but I will remember those names. I'm about 2hrs or less from you. I'm not trying to jack your thread but do you know any good repu shops to tune cobras in LA. StangHiperformance any good?

Last edited:

Entrenched

Established Member
Let me make a long story short. I found out this week after 4 months of waiting and installing and taking out and putting back etc why my auto swap was dead in the water.... Mikey Goodner and Halif S. Jamal f'd me HUGE TIME... These two pricks live out in Alexandria,La. Basically Halif calls me last november about a trans his buddy was selling (Mikey) and they proceeded to talk it up to me how it was working and great etc and all that was wrong was that Mikey ballooned the converter.... Well i wish that was it. I paid a little over 2k for the built "working" lentech..... Cosmetically it looked great. Well after a few trials and tribulations it was ready to go into drive, except, oh wait, it did nothing.... I guess i shouldve known that it was fishy that they not only called me first but then drove over 5 hours to deliver it to me.... I am a much wiser man now... About $1500 dollars poorer, but a hell of a lot wiser. The transmission needed not only a new output shaft, but all new bands and a complete cleanout! Amazing how people can sleep when they do these things.... So guys, if you know, or know of these guys, do me a favor, kick them square in the nuts when you see them for me.... not really, but it would be lovely.... I assumed since it was a lentech that i was good to go, and they claimed it had low mileage etc, but come to find out that lentech had been abused.... im sure beating would have been fine, but the abuse cost me.... So guys, do yourselves a favor, and if things seem fishy.... GET A COPY OF A DRIVERS LICENSE AND SOME SORT OF A GUARANTEE that it actually WORKS!!! Why do i say this, after knowing how things work since my aunt is a lawyer and my mom works for a huge law firm.... Cuz i didnt get them. I do however have all sorts of phone calls, and txt conversations.... that im going to probably waste a few more dollars bringing this prick Mikey Goodner to court, in hopes of recoping this money. Will be in vain, probably, but im gonna give it a whirl..... I know im dumb, but i got bamboozled, and i just wanted to warn you guys of any of these fools.... Their phone #s start with 318..... Does any1 know their names on here?

Did it come out of a silver GT with a 4v and turbo (saleen body kit)? If so, we called him out on it being a bad transmission on here. He must have deleted the thread and I miss the new F/S. I know the original builder of the car. The crank destroyed the thrust washer and took out some othe stuff. Sorry you got F'ed. I don't know either of the guys that bought the car. The original owners name is Mike Guillory. His screen name on variouis forums in turbomike76 or 76mmsaleen.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I know about the old "caveat emptor" when buying used parts, but this is a clear case of fraud. Hopefully you can come out ahead on this deal, but at the very least, these pricks should be responsible for all repair costs for this trans. There is no way in hell they didn't know that it was screwed up. With that being said, you should've probably had a clue that there *could* be some damage to this unit and made your offer accordingly. Nobody just blows up a converter by driving a car normally. That should have been a bright, blinking neon sign!

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Is this the lentech that was just up for trade for a t56 plus 2k on this forum? I'm sorry to hear but live and learn, its part of this shit dishonest world we've come to live in. Personally i would drive 5 hours just to have the satisfaction of teaching a lesson.

subemup

Established Member
Man, it's stories like this that make it near impossible to trust anybody anymore. It's why I hate buying used cars, parts, etc... Too bad the price is always so attractive.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear man. This is why I'm very SKEPTICAL about buying a used 2.3 whipple. Yeah I may save 800 bucks initially, but my luck I'd have to send it off to whipple for a rebuild.

foxcobra93

Established Member
That's a total bummer man. :nonono: I know the feeling.. I bought a tremec 5spd for my coupe last year from a well known local guy who swore up and down that it was a tko and that it shifted perfect. Same scenario as well, he delivered it and helped me unload it, then took the money and ran. After taking a closer look it turned out to be a tr3550 instead of a tko, and to make matters worse after installing it I got the pleasure of finding out that 2nd gear syncro was wasted. Needless to say that is the 1st and last time I buy any major components used. Hope you recoupe some of your cash.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
I wish I wouldve caught that thread.... I'm gonna surely try to make that little prick pay, he didn't tell me about any converter issues till after the sale.... Just amazes me how these ppl can sleep at night

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Sorry to hear man, keep moving. Karma will come, and when it does you'll have a great day!!!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Sorry to hear man. This is why I'm very SKEPTICAL about buying a used 2.3 whipple. Yeah I may save 800 bucks initially, but my luck I'd have to send it off to whipple for a rebuild.

I had that happen to me, but I sent it to an aftermarket rebuilder (Jon Bond Performance), who had excellent recommendations from other members here, and I was not only very pleased with his quality, and turnaround time, but he charged less than half of what Whipple wanted. The only real pain is if your car is a DD, and you install it, only to find it making noises, and have to rip it apart again. For me it was an inconvenience, but the car isn't even close to being a DD. If you are at all worried about possibly having to rebuild, then just bite the bullet and buy new.

Users who are viewing this thread