Well there goes my rear end -.-

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
Went to the track on street tires and after I did the burnout I tried to see if the street tires were hooking and bam! I stayed parked there. -.- and the worst part there was like 98% gm vehicles out there taking pics of my car getting towed lol but just checked it out and it looks like the spider gears went out...now my question is....replace it with stock parts or is there an upgrade?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
how the hell can you break the rear end with street tires. and street tires dont need much of a burn out they just need to be cleaned.

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
how the hell can you break the rear end with street tires. and street tires dont need much of a burn out they just need to be cleaned.

Yup same thing I was thinking but the only thing I can conclude is that they were about to go out and I guess last night was my lucky night

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the club. Was the car wheel hopping at all?

When you fix it make sure you thoroughly clean and inspect everything. I had teeth of the gears inside the axle tubes almost out the side of the rear.

c_me_pass_u

Established Member

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
Welcome to the club. Was the car wheel hopping at all?

When you fix it make sure you thoroughly clean and inspect everything. I had teeth of the gears inside the axle tubes almost out the side of the rear.

Nah no wheel hop at all ever since i installed the upper and lowers...I'll check them again because everything seemed fine.

01bluesnake

Established Member
My guess is the clutch packs are worn, allowing more clearance between the spider and sides gears that letting them to slap/shear. One of the street tires most likely grabbed while the other spun enough or broke away and caused the gears to slap and break. Wheel hop can also be the culprit even though not felt by you. Street tires are a bad idea at the track on stick cars due to usually being stiff side wall construction and low profile allowing no flex. I would suggest getting a trutrac diff, they hold up a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread