went 11.52!! ported upper only cobra..

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
thanks alot guys.. i got the rearend changed out, and had a talk with my tuner.. He thinks its pulling timing out up top, and wants to look into it and find the problem.. he said i should be atleast 120 ish mph range

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
idk yet.. maybe next weekend or the weekend after that.. i need to do some data logging on a pass, so my tuner can look at it.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
What elevation is your track at? Also teh Da on the day of the run? That will affect the outcome as well.

However, your results are good for your first outing.

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
well today i went to the local 1/4 mile track, and this was my very first pass in my cobra!! first time taking this car to the track. and i have to say im pretty happy for now.. its a stiegmier stage 5 with 2.76 upper only car, and other mods.. i ran a 11.52 on the first pass at 115mph.. i cut 1.6 60's on all 4 passes i made.. anyone else running these times or faster with upper only cars? i will try to take a pic of my slip and post it up..

I ran a 11.91 at 117 with an un-ported blower and a 2.93 upper with a 3000 ft da.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
now that i remember randy....

my car went a 12.0@121 w/2.o sixty with a 2.76upper and 3.90 gears

well i swapped rearends out today, put my 31 spline stuff in this other one, and its quiet so far lol.. i hope i got that issue fixed!!! but i called travis today, and he told me to data log a pass, and he will fix it.. either email me a new tune, or take it all the way back down there to him.. he said i should be atleast 120-123 for sure.. he is a great guy i think, since he hasnt charged me to adjust my tune yet! others around here sure would have..lol

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
well i got the gears changed out yesterday. its alot quieter now, lol.. i hope that was my problem, but i have to wait and see. gotta data log a pass for my tuner.. i just hope the weather holds up lol

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Congrats :D .... 1/8th mph looks spot on, but 1/4 mph seems reallly low!!! ...should be around 122-123 with that 1/8th mph!!

Users who are viewing this thread