went 11.52!! ported upper only cobra..

PKFIRE

Established Member
How many passes did you make to the op and were your traps any higher if you made additional passes? I ran [email protected] with a 2.8 upper V+ ported.

Last edited:

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
i made 4 passes.. the very first pass was the 11.52, and all 3 of my other passes were 1/4 trap speeds at 113.8.

boostedoval

Established Member
Looks good 1st-3rd gear.. Maybe the car is pulling timing in 4th? The 98mph through the 1/8 is definately strong though.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
Any updates or new runs done lately?

No updates yet, i had to order a set of upper control arms for my car, cuz i had to give my buddy's back.. i borrowed them for that weekend.. i now have the new rearend in the car.. i ordered uppers from summit almost 2 weeks ago and they still havent shipped out.. WTF?? im tired of waiting for them already.. IF they show up this week, i will be going back to the track to run it again, and do some data log's for my tuner.. im ready to run it again..lol, but we will see what happens..

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
well, i went back to the track today.. my stock clutch is slipping bad!! so i kinda think that has been my problem this whole time.. i made 2 passes today, and after the second pass i could smell the clutch when i poped the hood to let it cool down.. so looks like its gonna be awhile before im back at the track.

mr2cam

Established Member
I was going to say that it had nothing to do with your rear end, the clutch makes sense, you don't just go from trapping 98 in the 1/8th and only 115 in the 1/4th due to gearing.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
I was going to say that it had nothing to do with your rear end, the clutch makes sense, you don't just go from trapping 98 in the 1/8th and only 115 in the 1/4th due to gearing.

well i change out the rearends, just because my old gears were howling badly.. but i think it has all came down to the clutch this whole time.. i have a spec 3+ in it now.. just need to get back to the track and see what will happen.. bad thing is i might be heading out of town for work next week.. and i wont be back for a couple months.. we will see.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
:lol:

Ive always thought my clutch was toast too. Im putting in the Mcleod RXT soon, just need to get the 26 spline input shaft. :beer:

black-plasma

Established Member
My 11.5 pass had a trap of 120, that was a upper only unported blower on 18's.

You definately have a low 11/high 10 in your car with a good clutch and no timing being pulled on the top end.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
My 11.5 pass had a trap of 120, that was a upper only unported blower on 18's.

You definately have a low 11/high 10 in your car with a good clutch and no timing being pulled on the top end.

i sure hope this clutch helps me out.. i really didnt wanna put a spec clutch in my car, but i had a buddy of mine buy the spec 3+ new, and his engine took a shit.. so i just took it off his hands for now..lol.. i plan to put in the RXT and 26 spline this summer... i took a bag of ice with me last sunday to the track, and i let the car cool down longer then i did the previous time i took the car.. i made 2 passes sunday, and after the second pass, you can just smell the clutch.. i pulled it out tuesday night.. it was worn down all the way to the rivets, glad i caught it when i did, cuz it was close to wearing the flywheel..

black-plasma

Established Member
The Spec 3+ has been pretty good so far, but I will probably also get a RXT next time around.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
well, i have the spec 3+ in it, and now im home from work.. so i will be hitting the track this weekend if it dont rain!! i hope to break the cage rule, and run deeper into the 11's.. we will see what happens i guess.

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
115 trap speed does seem a bit off; I was trapping 110 and above in my '08 GT on motor alone. Your short time and MPH look good. Usually I see low trap speeds with sandbaggers in bracket races. Good luck chasing down the issue.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
well since my first time out.. and those times were my first time to take this car to the track.. i have since changed out rearends, and i have replaced the clutch and everything else in there.. new fluids.. i really think ill have it whipped this time out.. the car pulls very hard now.. harder then before i think.. so im going to try it out one more time, and plus i put a beating on a local LS1 guy.. now he has the bottle, and tons of other stuff, but im still not worried about him..lol i got tricks too.. haha

Users who are viewing this thread