Went to 4 Ford dealers in Maryland in last 4 days = interesting story

69b302

Established Member
F8L SN8K said:
I may buy a shelby or just keep my 03 and get a boss, it depends on how well I like the car after I drive one.

Unfortunately, I would expect similar marketing hype on a Boss return. Maybe not as bad as the Gt500, but look at the price on the Parnelli Jones Edition Boss. Less HP and less production # then the GT500, but MSRP is way higher.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I don't get the jist of your message here Purvis?:shrug:

Plenty of people have sold $250K homes in a sellers market for $295k.

By the same token, plenty of people bought $250K homes for $195K in a buyers market.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I don't like the ADM's these cars are bringing and I don't approve of them either. But it is econ 101 at it's most basic principals.:read:

At a very simplistic level, yes, I suppose you could say Houses sometimes sell for more than their market value, and that could be compared with cars selling over their market value, in our free market society.

However.. key word being simplistic.

There is no MSRP when dealing with houses. No allocations. No holdback, no invoice. You dont drive a house, and as far as depreciation goes, the two are completely opposite. The two markets are more different than they are alike. To compare the two areas (houseing market and automotive market) is very much, pardon the pun, apples to oranges.:read:

But we have digressed.

Point being this...
Dealers, buying and hordeing GT500 allocations from other smaller dealers, at already inflated prices, and then reselling them at even higher inflated prices, is about as crappy as a dealer can be to a Ford enthusiast trying to actually buy one of these cars. Its basically dealers undermining the intended flow of the process that was laid out by Ford. Its no wonder Ford is tanking when dealers are pulling this kind of crap.

I would never buy a car from a dealer such as this, and I hope none of you do either.:cuss: I know at least a few of you have stood up for your values and taken a stand against dealers such as this, and to those people, I commend you. I hope the greedy, hordeing dealers take a loss on the cars. Its the only way they will stop.

This whole experience has continued to seriously strain my enthusiasm toward Ford performance.

Last edited:

mousetom78

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Well said.There will be no shelby GT500,in 2009,unless Ford renogicates a contract with Mr. Carol Shelby,from my understaning. And yes you can buy it for MSRP,if you do your home-work and find the dealer willing too sell it for MSRP,as i did. This same dealer is selling all there 2007-Shelby GTs,for MSRP. They have one for sure and has others comming in,call them. Heres there name-Robinson Brothers,in Baton-Rouge ,Louisiana,ask for Andy,or Mr. Gainer/sales mgr.,1-888-293-8111--1-225-293-8900-if looking for a shelby gt-call them.I'm sure they will sell you a shelby gt,for MSRP.

I should give those guys a call this week. is it GT500 for MSRP or Shelby GT? I want the GT500

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Purvis said:
At a very simplistic level, yes, I suppose you could say Houses sometimes sell for more than their market value, and that could be compared with cars selling over their market value, in our free market society.

However.. key word being simplistic.

There is no MSRP when dealing with houses. No allocations. No holdback, no invoice. You dont drive a house, and as far as depreciation goes, the two are completely opposite. The two markets are more different than they are alike. To compare the two areas (houseing market and automotive market) is very much, pardon the pun, apples to oranges.:read:

But we have digressed.

Point being this...
Dealers, buying and hordeing GT500 allocations from other smaller dealers, at already inflated prices, and then reselling them at even higher inflated prices, is about as crappy as a dealer can be to a Ford enthusiast trying to actually buy one of these cars. Its basically dealers undermining the intended flow of the process that was laid out by Ford. Its no wonder Ford is tanking when dealers are pulling this kind of crap.

I would never buy a car from a dealer such as this, and I hope none of you do either.:cuss: I know at least a few of you have stood up for your values and taken a stand against dealers such as this, and to those people, I commend you. I hope the greedy, hordeing dealers take a loss on the cars. Its the only way they will stop.

This whole experience has continued to seriously strain my enthusiasm toward Ford performance.
Well said.

mousetom78

Established Member
BrookhavenTuner said:
There is a dealership by my friends house (around York, PA) that sold a GT500 for $100 under MSRP.

Wow ... under MSRP. you just broke a news here. Give me that dealership name and i will haul my ass there. York, PA is only 50 miles from my house

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
BrookhavenTuner said:
he said it was New Holland Ford

All of the 2008's are spoken for at MSRP. Seems like a great dealership.

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN PLACE AN ORDER AT MSRP OR LESS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I AM READY TO BUY. I WILL NOT PAY OVER MSRP. THAT IS JUST SILLY. THESE ARE STILL MUSTANGS!

chuckstang

Established Member
SVT F15O said:
All of the 2008's are spoken for at MSRP. Seems like a great dealership.

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN PLACE AN ORDER AT MSRP OR LESS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I AM READY TO BUY. I WILL NOT PAY OVER MSRP. THAT IS JUST SILLY. THESE ARE STILL MUSTANGS!
Less than msrp, is this a joke?

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Less than msrp, is this a joke?

Not a joke at all, was your post a joke. I said I would place an order at MSRP or LESS. If someone wants to offer it, why wouldn't I take it>??? :loser:
If I don't get one I don't get one. That is fine. I am not paying a premium to own a Mustang! That is just silly. I can wait, if something else comes around before then I will buy that. I am a Ford guy but if that can't please me what am I supposed to do>??? -Mat-

chuckstang

Established Member
haha dont worry Im with you. F*** Ford then I guess is what you can do by buying another car.
Im going to continue to wait since I have waited more than a year anyway.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
mousetom78 said:
Me and my girlfriend were hunting for a 99-04 Mustang GT for her yesterday. While I was at it, I also did some hunting for my own GT500. We were basically shopping for cars for ourself. I also saw a middle age women stalled 4 times at Arlington VA with a BRAND NEW Shelby GT (325HP version) at stop light. She wouldn't pull up next to me at a red light because I was going to light her up in my LS2 GTO. :lol: She stayed 1 car length behind.

Nothing like intimidating a 40-something women eh? :shrug:

mousetom78

Established Member
Bought a terminator on Monday with 3000 miles. I will wait and sell the terminator once I got the GT500. Selling my GTO now.

Users who are viewing this thread