West Forum people Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Hi everyone. This forum is supposed to be for events and happenings in your area.
It ISN'T supposed to be for BSing about everything under the sun. That's what the other forums are for.
Please keep off topic posts out of this forum.
The BS posts don't belong here.

Thanks, L.L. :rockon:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Yes. This forum is for get togethers, races, dyno days, runs and other events in your area. We have roadside pub for all the other type threads.

Thanks, L.L. :thumbsup:

Joe5.0

Established Member
No prob. Us Nortwest guys are really close so i guess we get carryed away sometimes.

JaKaL

Established Member
Not to put to fine a point on it Larry but, I’ll have to plead ignorance on this one. I’ve been operating under the impression that I (The NW) could enjoy this section as it is explained in the description: “The regional forums for your local discussions.”

This particular sub-forum has seen significant growth this past year. Some of the new contributors may have, for all I know, chimed in solely because of the rather casual nature of community’s rhetoric.

Granted, there is a lot of BS, but it is our BS and we do our best to keep the topic localized. I can’t say that a "Christmas Tree" GTG will ever happen but the very notion that such an event would even get off the ground if discussed in the general forum is highly doubtful and the cross-chatter would likely be counter productive to the desired outcome-Cobra folks getting together on SVTPerformance.

I mean no disrespect but, when I sent my check in support of the new server I thought it would help our community, not hinder it. If I (we) owe an apology to whomever complained that led to administrative action, I feel confident we can respond. How we respond I’ll leave up to the group.

Personally, I don’t see what harm we’re doing other than occupying a few bytes typing because the weather sucks and we can't go out and play.

But, I’ve been wrong before.

Cordially,
JaKaL

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
JaKaL said:
Not to put to fine a point on it Larry but, I’ll have to plead ignorance on this one. I’ve been operating under the impression that I (The NW) could enjoy this section as it is explained in the description: “The regional forums for your local discussions.”

This particular sub-forum has seen significant growth this past year. Some of the new contributors may have, for all I know, chimed in solely because of the rather casual nature of community’s rhetoric.

Granted, there is a lot of BS, but it is our BS and we do our best to keep the topic localized. I can’t say that a "Christmas Tree" GTG will ever happen but the very notion that such an event would even get off the ground if discussed in the general forum is highly doubtful and the cross-chatter would likely be counter productive to the desired outcome-Cobra folks getting together on SVTPerformance.

I mean no disrespect but, when I sent my check in support of the new server I thought it would help our community, not hinder it. If I (we) owe an apology to whomever complained that led to administrative action, I feel confident we can respond. How we respond I’ll leave up to the group.

Personally, I don’t see what harm we’re doing other than occupying a few bytes typing because the weather sucks and we can't go out and play.

But, I’ve been wrong before.

Cordially,
JaKaL

Check out these forums,
http://67.15.62.79/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172
http://67.15.62.79/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173
http://67.15.62.79/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160

That's what should be in all the Taste of Home foums.
We appreciate your donation. But it was for a new server to speed up the board for everyone. Not to buy a piece of the board.
Please use roadside or other appropiate forums for threads that are not about events, get togethers, dyno days, or something that has to do with Things going on in your area.
If all the members posted BS threads in the Taste of Home forums it would be a friggin mess.

Thanks, L.L. :rockon:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Larry, If you look at the people that post in this section, its a particular group of people....I dont think that our post here are hindering anything with these boards. If we posted in the Roadside section, thats just more BS for people to sift through to find something to talk about, we think of eachother here in the Northwest more like family....If there is a way to take second thought to this, let us know....I donated too..lol

Rick

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with Rick. We are becoming a tight knit group up here and really get involved in each others cars. Take a look at the post directed at me, "Wizbangdoodle, time for a pulley". Posting in our own forum gives us a local feel 'cause we have met each other and have a good time. Does posting in the wrong forum create a problem on your (Larry's) end as an administrator. If so, please enlighten us so we understand your request better. I love the site and hope we can help make it better and better. Thanks for the info Larry.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Ok guys, I talked to Sid about this. Go ahead and post threads that pertain to the friends in this area forum. But if it's just total BS please post it in roadside or other appropriate forum. Have fun.

Thanks, L.L. :beer:

Billy Pilgram

The great thing about this site is that it is a good mix of BS and quality technical info. I personnaly feel (which I know means nothing outside of the vacuum of my head) that the local BS in each region is better than just throwing it into one big pile. 99% of it is meaningless to anybody outside the regions most of the time anyway. I guess everybody had the understanding that that was the idea of the "Taste of Home", local gatherings, events, and BS.

No disrespect intended but I wanted to throw my .02 in. I've learned a lot from this site and have come to rely on it for great technical info and as a great source of entertainment. Just want to make sure we understand the rules of engagement going forward.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy Pilgram

Doh!
:bash: :bash: :bash:

I double checked the forum just before I replied, nothing there. Then when I hit the button, there it was.

Oh well, it's all good. Appreciate your listening to our side of the story.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
WOOT, thanks a lot Larry....I knew you would come through...P

And wow, what a stranger...its bad habit....lol

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread