1stShelby

Established Member
Before:
057.jpg

After:
010.jpg

NY Eleanor

Established Member
I just had my car done with 50% 3M Crystalline film. Cost a fortune by tint standards but it's the best. Black cars probably benefit most and my SG with tons of black accents is a close 2nd. What % tint did you do? Doesn't look super dark like 20% which is a bee-atch when driving at night in poorly lit areas. You CANNOT see so people be careful of going too dark in tint.

1stShelby

Established Member
Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
I just had my car done with 50% 3M Crystalline film. Cost a fortune by tint standards but it's the best. Black cars probably benefit most and my SG with tons of black accents is a close 2nd. What % tint did you do? Doesn't look super dark like 20% which is a bee-atch when driving at night in poorly lit areas. You CANNOT see so people be careful of going too dark in tint.

Can you post a pic of your car. I am looking to do crystalline in 40%. It would be very helpful to see what yours looks like.

Thanks

Tag

SVT RICK

Established Member
I had my tint installed the day I picked her up. 3M crystalline 35% on the sides and back also I think 70% on the windshield. $640.00 for all windows but well worth it to keep the inside cool.Not at all dark at night but looks great in the daylight.

NY Eleanor

Established Member
This is 20% and looks even darker when the sun isn't really beating it.

Actually doesn't look as dark as 20% b/c in the side shot you can see through both windows and make out porch of house. I guess lighting has an effect. It's pretty dark at night where I live, so not being too dark was #1 priority. Interesting thing about Crystalline is % does not really affect heat blockage much so you don't have to go dark to block heat. Other tints you do.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
I had my tint installed the day I picked her up. 3M crystalline 35% on the sides and back also I think 70% on the windshield. $640.00 for all windows but well worth it to keep the inside cool.Not at all dark at night but looks great in the daylight.

$640??????? That is about $440 more than you should have paid. That is insane, you were dooped and taken to the cleaners.

Last edited:

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
I'll be doing the same on my car using the darkest legal tint that Texas allows. I will not however be paying anywhere near $600 for it. My car is black so it should look bad ass.

peteypab2133

Established Member
Come over to my place, I have "special" tire shine. I will apply it for $100.00 per wheel :)

Just kidding, looks nice but there is no tint in my opinion worth $640.00

Jroc

Established Member

Holy Snikies!!!! It sounds like you might got a little more money than you do sense. lol J/K

But seriously it only cost me about $120-$150 on both my Cobra and L. I didn't do the windshields on them, but still. Also the shop I use is very highly recommended and known here in Columbia so it's not like some chop shop is doing it. They did a great, job on both cars.

CDub

I can't stop
Established Member
I'll be doing the same on my car using the darkest legal tint that Texas allows. I will not however be paying anywhere near $600 for it. My car is black so it should look bad ass.

You can do 25% on the roll ups and 15% on the back.

SVT RICK

Established Member
3M crystalline is one of the top tints out there. Sure it sounds high but its amazingon keeping the car cooler than standard tint..Here that's the going price for all 6 windows..Check your local tint shops and if they install crystalline I bet its close to the same price.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Looks good. I am one for really dark tint. I had 5% all around on my 04. Looked so good.

I will be doing 5% all around on my 13 when she comes in.

peteypab2133

Established Member
3M crystalline is one of the top tints out there. Sure it sounds high but its amazingon keeping the car cooler than standard tint..Here that's the going price for all 6 windows..Check your local tint shops and if they install crystalline I bet its close to the same price.

Sorry, but thats not gonna help a black car in the mid west. The car alone gets a certain temp... how do you plan to stop the sun from entering the front?

I live where from 9am till 7pm i have no shade and blistering heat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread