What a drive into work!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Don't those two statements contradict each other? :rollseyes

lol. In some peoples opinions.

You just have to plan ahead for stops and kick the ass end out to turn if the front slides.

Hell I learned to drive in the snow in my cobra on DR's and 4.56's.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
lol. In some peoples opinions.

You just have to plan ahead for stops and kick the ass end out to turn if the front slides.

Hell I learned to drive in the snow in my cobra on DR's and 4.56's.

Yes, that sounds incredibly safe, reliable, and predictable.:dw::dw:
The amusing part is that you are actually advocating a totally ridiculous means of transportation given the described scenario.

Juruense

Banned
The amusing part is that you are actually advocating a totally ridiculous means of transportation given the described scenario.
+1 but after all he is from Ohio... :shrug:

Cat litter helps a lot, keep some in your car if you drive in the snow. It gives you amazing traction on any snow or ice for a few minutes and will get you out of a jam every time.

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
+1 but after all he is from Ohio... :shrug:

Cat litter helps a lot, keep some in your car if you drive in the snow. It gives you amazing traction on any snow or ice for a few minutes and will get you out of a jam every time.
Don't use that clumping cat litter. :lol1: Hm, may someone can build a dispenser that releases it in front of the rear tires while you're cruising down an ice/snow covered freeway at 60mph. :rockon: Until then, FWD in the winter FTMFW.:D

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

OK small town with no traffic...easy to control.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Yeah after doing a 180 across and interstate median during a light light snow/ice I dont plan on driving my mustang, let alone a cobra, in any ice/snowy conditions.

Although in hindsight it was my first time driving in the snow/ice and was going way to fast, about 60.

Thank god I actually came outta that with NO damage, not a scratch or a bend. I think god was with me that day. Oh yeah just as I stopped on the other side on the other lanes a semi wizzed by me. Needless to say I shat myself.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I live in the northeast and the only cars I have ever owned are an 88 firebird, 89 formula, and my 97 cobra with 4.10s. I have never had a problem, although having a truck for the snow would be nice, having a truck for the spring/summer/fall would suck.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
It's what the rest of the country deals with during the few minutes of the year that you guys in arizona don't melt into drippy puddles of sweat & body odor from the heat:rolling:

You can't create a puddle when it's 125 Degrees outside, the sweat never makes it to the ground. :)

Anbu

Banned
I drive mine all year, but work is only 10 feet from my bedroom, so I don't have to take it out if it is shitty :)

-Brian

what do you do? (if you don't mind of course)

and yea it's like 70+ here in cali so i can't say i've ever felt your pain lol.

Juruense

Banned
I am in Northeast Indianer and today was a thousand times worse than yesterday... Ten degrees with heavy snow falling during morning commute. I did not have the stones to try to take the highway so I crossed town on city streets. Took forever and it seemed like traffic forced me to stop on the steepest part of every uphill grade :fm:

The pavement was not visible except for patchy clear spots here and there. Driving on snow pack FTMFL...

Last edited:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I feel ya Kilgore...Chicago gets everything you get, but about 3-4 hours sooner! The high for tomorrow is 0! We have already surpassed the normal amount of snow in a season and there is still a good 2 months to go!!! I started my Cobra last weekend....and thats the only action its gonna get until March or April! The F-150 is kickin' ass in 4x4!!!

Juruense

Banned
I came out of the office to this:
atwork.jpg

Drove home in this:
driving.jpg

And was extremely relieved to get the Cobra, with no problems except getting stuck in my own driveway, back into this:
athome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread