What a drive into work!

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Do they salt in your area? If so, parking in a heated garage is the worst thing you can do. The warmer the salt/snow mix is, the more corrosive it gets.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I hear you guys have a high of -1 tomorrow, I just got out of the swimming pool if that makes you feel any better.

Juruense

Banned
Do they salt in your area? If so, parking in a heated garage is the worst thing you can do. The warmer the salt/snow mix is, the more corrosive it gets.
Wow! So you are saying that salt can corrode metal? I cannot believe I have lived in the midwest for 43 years and never knew that! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if I have the skills to drive in what is shown in the pictures above in a Terminator don't you think I pretty much know the deal?

Also the garage is not heated, it probably got down to about 30 degrees in there last night. Because my water heater and furnace are in there the garage is vented to the outside and air just blows right in and out through two large vents.

Juruense

Banned
Oh man! My boss just came by and "spoke" to me about the massive doughnuts I did in the parking lot this morning :(

The security guards were watching on camera and complained... :coolman:

T-Bolt

Established Member
Wow! So you are saying that salt can corrode metal? I cannot believe I have lived in the midwest for 43 years and never knew that! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if I have the skills to drive in what is shown in the pictures above in a Terminator don't you think I pretty much know the deal?

Also the garage is not heated, it probably got down to about 30 degrees in there last night. Because my water heater and furnace are in there the garage is vented to the outside and air just blows right in and out through two large vents.

You know I was only commenting on how the warmer the salt water mix is, the more corrosive it is, which some people do not know. You do not have to give me a douchebag response. How the **** do I know where you've lived and for how long?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Thought I would join in and post a picture of mine in the snow. Winter wheels and tires FTL but they sure help a lot!

IMG00647.jpg

Jefe

Established Member
Nice 73 degrees here today. You guys need to move

T-Bolt

Established Member
Sorry if I was harsh, most people know that salt corrodes metal.

Again, you missed what I was saying. It's obvious that salt corrodes metal, but my big point was that the warmer the salt water is, the more corrosive it is. Most people by logic would store their car in a warm garage to melt the salt slush off of their car, when in fact it is worse than storing your car in a cold garage or none at all.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
So how you enjoyin the -15 degree weather? We're 3 degrees from our record low set in 72.

Thanks for the illustrated history BTW :beer:

Oh heck, since everyone else is throwing in their "buried car" pics, why not. Here's what I got to look forward to every winter morning a few years back before I bought a house. Everything was overnight, mind you.

Back-o-me.jpg

Parking on the street FTL

Last edited:

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
i'm with ya, bud. It was -15 when I shoveled the drive this morning, and they say we're gonna peak at -3. Might as well bust out the swimming trunks now :rollseyes

Juruense

Banned
Can't wait to see your pic when I got home from work since most photo hosting sites are blocked at my work...

jeffro1265

Rice Eater
Established Member
christ i just took my gt out thursday with 6 inches on the ground, got stuck on a hill and could go faster than 25 mph. scary times

ViciousJay

Established Member
christ i just took my gt out thursday with 6 inches on the ground, got stuck on a hill and could go faster than 25 mph. scary times

try sliding backwards downa hill on too railorad tracks with a train coming, i almost had to let my old cobra get smashed

Users who are viewing this thread