What all is needed to lower the 5.0?

Montanasvt

Established Member
Well decided to go with the Eibach sportlines, now I just need to know what all is needed to lower these cars. Do you need caster/camber plates, bolts or neither? Do you have to have the panhard, or is it just recommended?

Bad Intention

Established Member
I have Eibach pro kit. Adj panhard bar and camber bolts. But the sportline's are not as low as pro kit. you maybe able to get away with just adj. panhard bar.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
I have Eibach pro kit. Adj panhard bar and camber bolts. But the sportline's are not as low as pro kit. you maybe able to get away with just adj. panhard bar.

I think you got it backwards. As far as I remember the sportlines always had a bigger drop.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Well decided to go with the Eibach sportlines, now I just need to know what all is needed to lower these cars. Do you need caster/camber plates, bolts or neither? Do you have to have the panhard, or is it just recommended?

Eibach makes a set of camber bolts that allow 1.75* of adjustment, so I would try those before buying CC plates. You will need a adj panhard bar for the sportlines.

Sportlines are lower than pro kit.

SCMOKN

Established Member
I have the Sport springs I had to use 1 camber bolt on the L/S and did need an Adj. panhard bar.

Last edited:

SCMOKN

Established Member
I have the Sport springs I had to use 1 camber bolt on the L/S and did not need a Adj. panhard bar.

So you're saying your rear was exactly centered after you lowered your car? I find that hard to believe.

Well i'm going to have to eat my words! After I wrote this I went out and checked, looks like i'll be ordering a Adj. panhard. It's about a quarter inch to the D/S.

scott_0

Established Member
The BMR is a nice piece and I can't imagine an easier one to install out there.
install is about the same from phb to phb, its the ease of adjustment on the BMR that makes it the best for me. lol my wife could adjust my BMR if I needed her too.

to answer the OP's question, Id say if a better ride and handling isnt a concern, do 1-4, see 5 if that is a concern

1. springs
2. pan hard bar
3. camber bolts or plates
4. money for an alignment afterwards (even if your camber is within spec, your toe will be off

5. a nice set of struts and shocks, as the stock ones arent valved for the stiffer spring rates

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
I put FRPP K springs on my old 2011 and the only addition was the shorter bump stops. I had the dealer do the alignment and it got back into spec.

I bought an adjustable panhard bar but its still in the box since I did not want to potentially add and squeaks or vibration that hard poly bushings are known for. It may have kicked the rear end over a little but there was no tire/fender interference.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
So, a dumb question from somone who has never dropped a car before . . .

Does anyone just sell an all-inclusive kit? So, if I wanted to drop the car 1" all the way around without the car pulling or vibrating (in other words, feel like it should), isn't there a one-stop-shop?

scotmach

Established Member
So, a dumb question from somone who has never dropped a car before . . .

Does anyone just sell an all-inclusive kit? So, if I wanted to drop the car 1" all the way around without the car pulling or vibrating (in other words, feel like it should), isn't there a one-stop-shop?

Yes BMR has several "kits" you can choose from. You can call them and ask for Kelly, he'll set you up with what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread