What are your thoughts on a sunroof??

oldmodman

Established Member
If the car is a good enough deal you could always convert it back to a solid roof.

Find a junkyard Mustang from the correct years and cut a larger panel out of the roof. Take it to a first rate repair body shop and have the sunroof removed. Trim the patch panel to match and tack it in. Then stitch the rest of the seam. For the inside you will probably have to buy a new headliner. When you are cutting out the panel from the junkyard car check if there are any reinforcement bars that were in the area where the sunroof was installed. Cut those out too. Make sure they are a lot longer than what you need. There may not be a l;ot of choice on how they get welded back in. After all, they keep your head off of the ground if you flip the car.
When all the welding is completed it's just bodywork and paint.

MG0h3

Established Member
PASSSSSSSSSSSS

that sunroof kills the value of the car and I am sure will leak at some point. Not to mention threes the whole structural integrity thing.

There are too many other nice ones out there

Hahahahha. You have a convertible!

VA-Mach1

Established Member
I guess I'm the 1 In here that likes it. I would not have had it installed, but it would not be a deal breaker on buying one already installed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If the '03-'04 Cobra came with a sunroof from the factory, I would have ordered the option for sure. I love sunroofs. I like the slightly better amount of headroom with the typical sunroof. But I would never buy a Terminator (or any other car) with an aftermarket sunroof. It dings the value of the Terminator quite a bit, and it also is likely to leak down the road as noted in a prior post. It's one of those mods that you really cannot undo.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Hahahahha. You have a convertible!

Unless I am missing something, your above post is pointless and stupid. I am aware my car is a convertible thank you.

In no way shape or form did i compare a convertible to a coupe. Instead, I pointed out the fact that a hardtop cut up loses structural integrity.

but please continue to add great value to this thread.

LV_Ford_Fan

Established Member
Too many people on this forum worry about what other people think. From the photos it looks like a really nice job. If you like sunroofs then I not pass it up for that reason alone.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Too many people on this forum worry about what other people think. From the photos it looks like a really nice job. If you like sunroofs then I not pass it up for that reason alone.
I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm saying I wouldn't buy it unless it was at 80% of market value.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm saying I wouldn't buy it unless it was at 80% of market value.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Exactly. Because even if you like it, when you go to resale it you're going to take a beating on it because everyone else hates it.

sonic_whine2003

Car Crazy
Established Member
Im pretty sure it never was a "Dealer Option" also looks stupid....If it's anywhere near North Royalton Ohio....That car was stolen and been in an accident.

Users who are viewing this thread