What Beaters have you had?

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Hey guys,

Just interested to know what Beater cars you have had or currently have.

My current beater is a lifted 1997 f150.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I was going to respond with "my hands." But cars..currently have a 2002 camry, over 150k, with paint faded and peeling from Arizona sun the last 13 years.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
98 CRV. The thing got me through a harsh winter with ease doing 60mph down ice roads while everyone else was in a ditch on the side of the road. It had a rebuilt motor from my friend who is a Honda mastertech and I don't know what he did but I had to run premium in it or the check engine light came on and it knocked lol. Thing was a beast. Sold it to my mechanically challenged brother and of course he blew it up but we rebuilt it and it runs to this day.

verbal

Established Member
'84 Cherokee - my first car that my mom decided to buy off the side of the road and surprise me with. The head gasket blew before she even got it home. The Jeep was completely rusted out and was covered in primer from me attempting to fix the body rust all the time. I eventually ran into the back of another car and had duct tape holding the front end on for a while. I spent almost everything I made at my high school job paying for towing and repairs. Thanks Mom :rolleyes:

Other beater included an 88 4cyl foxbody and an 86 Ford LTD (two tone blue) the I got from my grandmom.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We once had a 1967 blue Impala convertible. It was definitely a beater! I hated driving it, and my wife hated riding in it. Thankfully I ran over a parking stancion in a park lot (had the full sun in my eyes at 7:30AM, LOL) and twisted the drive shaft. That's a car I'd rather forget. :bored:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
'82 Celica GT hatch, biggest pos I ever owned. Threw a belt on me, destroyed the water pump and cracked the radiator while I was driving around the Baltimore Beltway 20 years ago. The repairs exceeded the value of the car.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
'86 Camry
'98 S10 Blazer
'95 S10 Blazer
'85 MB 300E
'03 350Z (picked it up for $3900, that's why I consider it a beater)

I miss the Mercedes the most, that thing was a tank, I called it The Panzer for a reason.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I have had a 94 golf that had been totaled, payed 150 for it and drove it for over a year. I had three Isuzu troopers, a Tempo, now I have a 93 Camry Wagon.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
My current is a 2nd gen taurus sho but it's getting close to time for an upgrade.

gibs93

Established Member
Picked up a 2003 SVT Focus this summer for the daily commute to work. Close to 190k on it but it is in decent shape for the mileage.

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
06ish cobalt. Had a rebuilt and a salvage title. Best 1200 dollars I ever spent.

Handful of early 90s Hondas.

94 chevy half ton

Currently a 12 Cruze. Hardly a beater, pretty nice.

sdoo500

Established Member
99 Eddie Bauer I bought for 1500 bucks. Had a 302 and was actually in pretty good shape for 170k. Currently driving an 84 k5 I got from a family friend for mowing his lawn all sumner. I've been trying to buy it since I was 16

Users who are viewing this thread