what best all around lowering springs?

BMR Tech

Glad I read this thread I was dead set on steeda sports cause I don't want it slammed, but the BMRs have the same drop and if they ride softer I'm all about it, my car is a street car 1st and occasionally sees the strip probably will never see a road course especially not with the 20s, and I'd rather have a softer spring that transfers weight better as compared to the stiffer springs.

You will love the BMR Springs. :rockon:

Just a heads up, we are about 6 weeks out on our springs right now, our supplier is running a little behind.

Well worth the wait, though. :beer:

Just_A_GT

Established Member
Bmr are 1 inch in the front and 1.25 in the rear

That's what the website says. Based on what people who have them installed have said, and what the pictures make it look like, they are closer to a 1.25 front and 1.5 rear.

I'm torn between Steed Ultra-Lites, BMW and K-Springs.

BMR Tech

Just to clarify, and we are working on straightening the info up....our springs typically give "about" a 1.5" drop.

Just_A_GT

Established Member
Just to clarify, and we are working on straightening the info up....our springs typically give "about" a 1.5" drop.

If that's the case, I'm sold!

I saw another members Race Red 5.0 lowered on BMR's in the "Post up your lowered '13's" thread and it def looks like a similar drop to the K springs.

ktulu1984

Established Member
I have SR Performance from American Muscle. They are 1.5" all around. If you aren't changing your struts, you really don't want to go much lower than that. Any lower and you start to put too much stress on them and they wont last very long. This is how mine looks.
Before with factory springs.
a>

After with SR Springs
a>

Grabber2012

Established Member
I have SR Performance from American Muscle. They are 1.5" all around. If you aren't changing your struts, you really don't want to go much lower than that. Any lower and you start to put too much stress on them and they wont last very long. This is how mine looks.
Before with factory springs.
a>

After with SR Springs
a>

Looks good

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
BMR does make great stuff. I personally think 1.5" isn't enough on our cars. Hence I went with H&R Super Sports and I love them. However, I also did Tokico D-Spec fully adjustable shocks/struts having fully adjustable shocks/struts are the key to how the vehicles ride on full soft it rides better than stock on full hard the car is on rails.

1.7" Front 2.4" Rear and that's exactly what I got out of them. H&R makes the best springs out there they've been around longer than any of these other companies. That experience speaks for it's self.

BMR Tech

^ Actually, our Spring manufacturer started coiling springs about 100 years before H&R. ;)

I see what you mean, though.

ktulu1984

Established Member
Yeah, you definitely need some good struts to go that low, it looks good though. I am wanting to put the GT500 front end on my car with a good splitter, so I don't think I could go much lower than I am not without having to worry about hitting the ground too much.

helli217

Established Member
^ Actually, our Spring manufacturer started coiling springs about 100 years before H&R. ;)

I see what you mean, though.

True. Alot of companies source their springs from companies that have been in the business forever, not to mention, I haven't read ONE negative review on BMR springs.

I went H&R SS because I like the drop, but once I install them with my struts, if the ride is shit, or I feel it's too low, or traction suffers too much, etc. I will be ordering BMR and selling them. (All my supporting suspension equipment will be BMR for sure!) :rockon:

BMR Tech

Woot! Good to hear!

And FWIW, I like H&R Springs. I just like ours better, for a select few people.

Snapp

Established Member
Don't get h&r super sports. They looked great on my car. Scrapped everywhere and was alittle stiff for daily.

How did you scrape everywhere? You must live somewhere with tons of bumps or never had a lowered car. I have never scraped.. lol

Kyle

fightermatt

Established Member
K springs and Konis on mine, the ride is excellent, only feels stiff when I hit big bumps, otherwise a very comfortable ride. All the squat, dive and body roll is gone now. I think the key to a decent ride is replacing the stock struts when you lower your car.
newmember1_zps17555d4f.jpg

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
BMR hands down. I absolutely love how the car looks, rides and performs.

ktulu1984

Established Member
American Muscle still has the SR Springs for $99. I love the way mine looks and rides with the springs. With the track app I pulled 1.05G on a highway entry ramp and it didn't break loose. The best I got before that was .78G. But, I also have better and wider tires with the springs, so that also helped.

Grabber2012

Established Member
American Muscle still has the SR Springs for $99. I love the way mine looks and rides with the springs. With the track app I pulled 1.05G on a highway entry ramp and it didn't break loose. The best I got before that was .78G. But, I also have better and wider tires with the springs, so that also helped.

That's hard to pass up for $99 I almost got them on Black Friday for this price but I waited,tempted again though they get real good reviews and almost identical to K springs from what I understand.

boduke0220

Established Member
Im switching from sportlines to BMR's, my sportlines are lower in the back than the front..annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread