what best all around lowering springs?

Rct851

Established Member
I installed my bmr rear springs yesterday thanks to some help on here and I have to say te rear drop is peeerfect for me. I was concerned I would want it lower but I am very happy with my choice. Halfway through the front install right now... Me vs springs compressor round 1

Before buyin I was almost sold on K springs but the great ride quality reviews for bmr sold me

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
burke985 can u post some pic of ur car. I have a similar set steeda pro-actions shocks n steeda sport springs with 20inch roush rims. the car looks good n don't mind the firmness at all. Im thinking about lowering the car a little more like .5 more to make it look more aggressive leaning towards BMR but idk if I want to take everything apart again.

2013-10-21132936_zps7b072ea1.png

I don't like the Slammed look so I think these put me right in the middle where I wanna be

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It says on the BMR website that the front (part # SP011) are a 1 inch drop and the rear (Part# SP012) are a 1.5 inch drop.

On a side note, what all is needed specifically for someone on a budget that just wants to lower their 5.0. Anything more than springs, panhard bar, camber adjustment bolts, and alignment needed? There seems to be conflicting info on this. :shrug:

we typically have no problem aligning the cars on the bmr springs without cc bolts.

springs, panhard and an alignment is your main requirement

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I did bmr springs lca uca relos upper mount panhard and I did a alignment a week after the install to let the sprimgs set.

tj@steeda

Established Member
Steeda Ultra Lights -

Lowers the vehicle approx 1 1/4 inch front, 1 1/2 inch rear. The S197 Mustang sits high in the rear. These springs will give it a more aggressive look.

I bought these springs 15,000 miles ago and they're working like the day I installed them. I was a little scepticle when I heard these will give you an improved ride quality and improved handling at the same time, I was wrong. The ride comfort/quality is equal to better than stock springs, and the stance of my 05 Mustang is aggressive. Price, as always with Steeda Brand products is the best when you want quality per dollar.
137631d1313933853-steeda-ultralite-springs-pics-img_20110820_162708.jpg

137632d1313933853-steeda-ultralite-springs-pics-img_20110821_091623.jpg

Jhernandez93

Established Member
I currently have SR springs on stock struts and shocks 1.5 inch drop all around. Looks great and drives great. Got them on a cybermonday for only 100 dollars from AM

momogt

Established Member
im doing roush 1inch rear only . dont want to get beat to death by the street

willief23

Established Member
i went the ground control route on my 12 V6. You can have any spring rate combo you want, adjustable ride height combined with Koni's and camber plates you cant go wrong. I placed the order over the phone to get my custom spring rates and it doesnt say on the website but you can choice between single or double adjustable koni's. I went with the recommend spring rate of 380lbs in the front and 200lbs in the rear. They are stiffer then stock and do have some bounce to them. On the freeway they bounce alot, but i bought them for function and a super low stance my rear is lowered almost 3 inches. No brake dive or floaty feeling even going past 115.
Ground Control - 2011-2013 Mustang Complete Kit

if you want the softest ride possible while being able to lower your car up to 2.1 inches, then you could get the KW V3 coilover kit but they are around $2600

Grabber2012

Established Member
Glad I read this thread I was dead set on steeda sports cause I don't want it slammed, but the BMRs have the same drop and if they ride softer I'm all about it, my car is a street car 1st and occasionally sees the strip probably will never see a road course especially not with the 20s, and I'd rather have a softer spring that transfers weight better as compared to the stiffer springs.

Users who are viewing this thread