what best all around lowering springs?

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Don't get h&r super sports. They looked great on my car. Scrapped everywhere and was alittle stiff for daily.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Bmr springs man I love mine! Ride is a little stiffer not bad tho. Also these are one of the best drag springs out there. Give Terry a call at teem beefcake racing he can hook you up with a bad ass deal. Also I see your in nm awesome if you ever want some pics pm me ill give you my number.

Brent Davis

Established Member
Don't get h&r super sports. They looked great on my car. Scrapped everywhere and was alittle stiff for daily.

I've yet to experience ANY scrapping with my H&R Super Sport springs. "ALL", I repeat "ALL" lowering springs are going to make the car stiffer I don't car what brand you get.

OP, have you browsed the "lowered Mustangs" thread. you'll find lots of comments there as well. I personally have the H&R's without issues and I too have daily driver as a 100% must. I also have 20" wheels too and my car did ride actually better using a lower profile tire than the factory tires.

Good luck.

twistid

Established Member
I have hr super sports with Strange's set to the lowest setting and I like them for my daily driver. I scrape some places but usually my fault.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I had steeda sports at first and they were pretty damn firm even on the softest setting on the koni's but the handling was great. I went to BMR springs and without a doubt they are more comfortable but they do lag behind in the handling department. IMO if your not into road racing the BMR springs are all around better spring especially if you want that weight transfer for drag/street racing.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I've yet to experience ANY scrapping with my H&R Super Sport springs. "ALL", I repeat "ALL" lowering springs are going to make the car stiffer I don't car what brand you get.

OP, have you browsed the "lowered Mustangs" thread. you'll find lots of comments there as well. I personally have the H&R's without issues and I too have daily driver as a 100% must. I also have 20" wheels too and my car did ride actually better using a lower profile tire than the factory tires.

Good luck.

My part of the woods doesnt have very smooth driveways. I couldnt even cruise the movie parking lot because I would hang the speed bumps.

burke985

Established Member
I had steeda sports at first and they were pretty damn firm even on the softest setting on the koni's but the handling was great. I went to BMR springs and without a doubt they are more comfortable but they do lag behind in the handling department. IMO if your not into road racing the BMR springs are all around better spring especially if you want that weight transfer for drag/street racing.

This , I have steeda sports but I just live with the firmness cause I love the way they handle and car don't feel floaty when at high speeds

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
bmr springs hands down, look great, and ride great.

we also have the eibach kits, but I really love the bmrs

mg3playa

Established Member
I have the H&R race springs and the ride is alot stiffer then I want for a daily driver but I'm unsure if good set struts and shocks will help.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
burke985 can u post some pic of ur car. I have a similar set steeda pro-actions shocks n steeda sport springs with 20inch roush rims. the car looks good n don't mind the firmness at all. Im thinking about lowering the car a little more like .5 more to make it look more aggressive leaning towards BMR but idk if I want to take everything apart again.

5.0jake

Established Member

Do the BMR's handle same, better or worse than the base non brembo 5.0?

5.0jake

Established Member
How much of a drop are you guys getting with BMR springs?

It says on the BMR website that the front (part # SP011) are a 1 inch drop and the rear (Part# SP012) are a 1.5 inch drop.

On a side note, what all is needed specifically for someone on a budget that just wants to lower their 5.0. Anything more than springs, panhard bar, camber adjustment bolts, and alignment needed? There seems to be conflicting info on this. :shrug:

stretchb

Established Member
k spring for DD, strip, and for stance. on my ride,

1-11-14_zps579ece39.jpg

snw_zps552d46fa.jpg

movietime_zps1d2ad204.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread