What cars first stirred your passion?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For me, it was the old school muscle.

'69 Camaro.
'69 GTO Judge was one of my favorites. Still is.
'70 Chevelle SS

Starting to really love those early 70's Nova cars.
I rode the same wave, Tony. For me, it was my high school buddy's 1964 Tri-Power GTO with a 4-speed and my cousin's 1968 427 Tri-Power Corvette. I still remember my first rides in both the GTO and Corvette. Mind-blowing, and I was hooked on American muscle cars. Shortly after, while in the Navy, I was able to order my first muscle car, a 1970 Road Runner through Chrysler Military Sales. Other cars that grabbed my attention back in those early days were the 1968 Camaro SS-396, 1969 Chevelle SS-396, and 1965 GTO. In 1968, I couldn't afford the 1965 GTO that I wanted after just getting married, so I settled on a 1965 Pontiac Lemans with a 326-2 motor. It was a good looking car that always got noticed, and I have to say I was pretty satisfied with it.

T76 Mach

Established Member
The one that screwed me up for life :cool:

1987-buick-grand-national.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
I never understood the love for the Eleanor cars.

An original 67 GT500? Hells yes.
But the Eleanor cars look like they have all kinds of accessories/scoops just stuck on the car. Just too busy looking for me.
Damn I thought I was the only one... Eleanor just looks like a riced out Fastback to me

floodstang

Established Member
It was definitely Mustangs for me. I remember going to a Ford dealership in the early 70's with my dad to buy a new car and seeing all the Mustangs lined up. Mostly Mach 1's in all different colors. I begged him to get one but we rode out in a Pinto instead. Fast foward to the early 80's when the Fox bodies were getting popular and I was really hooked! I was working at a convenience store after school cleaning up when I saw a new Regatta blue 85 GT in the parking lot. The owner of the car must have saw me drooling over and when he left he did top fuel style burnout. I knew I had to have one!

Last edited:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I remember being very young in the 60's and in the back seat of the car whenever we went anywhere and always checking out other cars. I always liked Pontiacs more than anything else but quickly became more into Fords since that was my fathers preference. He wasn't really a car guy but was brand loyal to Fords and Mercury's.

The last car my father bought was a Kia, which he still drives today and is the only non-Ford he ever bought.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Pops is a car guy so it was inevitable for me but this movie is what 110% made me LOVE cars.

Eleanor is a powerball car for me, shame the director of the movie's wife is going after any recreation of that car now.
I always watch it whenever it comes on, owning a 67 GT500 would definitely be dream car goals for me.

And Shelby American owns the rights to Eleanor now. Not her stupid ass
I never understood the love for the Eleanor cars.

An original 67 GT500? Hells yes.
But the Eleanor cars look like they have all kinds of accessories/scoops just stuck on the car. Just too busy looking for me.

Damn I thought I was the only one... Eleanor just looks like a riced out Fastback to me

I suppose I still like the Eleanor GT500 because that's what got me into cars. But it's very played out now

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My dad got me into cars. He raced mud racers professionally and owned two monster trucks in the 90's.

blownstang01

Established Member
OK, I realize I'm dating myself, but my father, uncle, and friends had some really cool cars when I was in my teens...

I picked the correct color pictures on the net of each.
The SS Chevelle and Baldwin Motion Camaro were real. The Hertz Mustang was a tribute / black & gold.

Attachments

• 1f67eeda0.jpg
    1f67eeda0.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 1965-ford-mustang.jpg
    1965-ford-mustang.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 36
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 35
  • d4b3c462-da6d-4036-a8a3-ef98ecb04c74_largesize.jpg
    d4b3c462-da6d-4036-a8a3-ef98ecb04c74_largesize.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 35

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I grew up in a car family. My dad started a more high end body shop/fabrication in the 70’s that mainly catered to racing but also anyone with cash and a hotrod. He did a lot of work for many nascar teams, prototype racing, pro stock etc during the 80’s 90’s. Also did most of their race trailers. I didn’t really know it then, but i got to be extremely hands on with some amazing cars at the time. I would say mostly Mustangs were my first love. I always associated them with racing as my dad was good friends with jack roush. I pretty much loved any 60’s muscle car though. However Fox Body’s is what kicked it off for me. When my dad got one that was extremely rough. 88 GT. It was actually going to be my first car. i learned to drive a stick on it on our property. Long story short is my dad ended up selling it after quite a few things had been stolen/damaged when it was sitting outside for a period of time.

Exactly what it looked like except the paint had completely faded. Eventually i need to try and dig out old pictures of it.

IMG_3601.JPG

When i was older it was all about late model stuff. SN95’s, new edge, C5’s, 4th gen’s etc. i still loved the old stuff but i was hooked on late model stuff. Of course when the new Gone In 60 seconds came out, i was in love with Eleanor. The cool thing was, i got to get my hands on quite a few throughout the years in terms of fab/prep/paint/interior. It was really cool seeing and being apart of them from start to finish. Of course they’re is quite a bit of drama now behind building them not so some things have changed. To this day is pretty easy to identify a true Eleanor 427 side exhaust setup.

IMG_3594.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread