what causes this?

ImprezivSTi04

DAMNIT i need a cobra....
Established Member
ok so for quite some time now ive been pondering something. what makes stock eatons sound so much differently from one another. 3 cobras around my area one with a 2.76 pulley the other two with 2.93 setups. one of the cars with the 2.93 whines like a kenne bell, the other two cars you can hardly hear the eatons, what causes that? intakes? does a ram air intake cause more noise than a true cai? just wondering is all.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My guess would be intakes and pulley size.The smaller the pulley,the faster the blowers spinning.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Blower RPMS for sure...keep in my removing the Heat blanket makes it a lot more audible...
Porting your blower makes it a lot louder also

Digital

Established Member
ok so for quite some time now ive been pondering something. what makes stock eatons sound so much differently from one another. 3 cobras around my area one with a 2.76 pulley the other two with 2.93 setups. one of the cars with the 2.93 whines like a kenne bell, the other two cars you can hardly hear the eatons, what causes that? intakes? does a ram air intake cause more noise than a true cai? just wondering is all.

You're extremely vague. You should list ALL their mods. Exhaust, Intake, Engine mods, etc.

Theres obviously a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread