What Color Valve Covers?

What color valve covers?

• 2 Stage Candy Red Metallic (Redfire)

Votes: 56 26.5%
  • Crinkle Black

Votes: 109 51.7%
  • Leave it stock

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • Suggest a different combination. Explain.

Votes: 25 11.8%

• Total voters

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Flat black. :)

IMG_4832.jpg

I just had these done a few days ago. Got them back yesterday. :rockon:

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
go with the red if you want it to stand out when you open the hood, especially sine you have a 10th anv car with red interior. only a few serious car people will notice the black

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
go with the red if you want it to stand out when you open the hood, especially sine you have a 10th anv car with red interior. only a few serious car people will notice the black

Thats what I was thinking. If I spend the money on it, I don't want it to go unnoticed even though I think the wrinkle black looks awesome. After all my car is already blacked out, so to add a little color under the hood will look badass, at least thats what I'm hoping.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Since I already have a set in the wrinkle black, that's what I'm going for this year, but if I were doing the p/c now, I might have opted for bright red to go with my 10th theme. Oh well, I guess it will be another change for when I get sick of the black ones!

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
Since I already have a set in the wrinkle black, that's what I'm going for this year, but if I were doing the p/c now, I might have opted for bright red to go with my 10th theme. Oh well, I guess it will be another change for when I get sick of the black ones!

Let me know how you like the look. I'm still leaning towards the red just because I think its going to stand out a lot more and even though its more expensive I haven't been able to find many people who have done it especially on a black car so that could be a bad or a good thing depends, we will see.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
Anything but polished. It is a freaking nightmare to keep clean. I drove through construction and water ended up in my engine bay (not a lot) but enough that is ended up spotting the covers.

I am going black through out the engine bay (just got my black covers)
What it was....

image0122if-1.jpg

Current

DSCN3450-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the crap that got on the covers.... if I can keep even one person from polishing them.... well I can only hope

DSCN3501.jpg

I voted other..... and say Gloss black

Last edited:

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
To keep the 10th Anni theme -- what about Gloss Black valve covers with red coil covers?
(or maybe even reverse that, would still go but would stand out more.)

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
This will give you an idea of what color I'm thinking about for those that don't know.

gallery_1_2_4678.jpg

Obviously my engine bay is different but what do you think now?

Users who are viewing this thread