What Color Valve Covers?

What color valve covers?

• 2 Stage Candy Red Metallic (Redfire)

Votes: 56 26.5%
  • Crinkle Black

Votes: 109 51.7%
  • Leave it stock

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • Suggest a different combination. Explain.

Votes: 25 11.8%

• Total voters

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
redfire will look like trash on your car......definitly not a fan

as a tenth owner..if i saw someone with redfire pullies and redfire valve color's i'd definitly LOL and keep walking

stick with the wrinkled Red or black......in fact I'd change those pullies to black as well.

just my .02 cents though

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member

as a tenth owner..if i saw someone with redfire pullies and redfire valve color's i'd definitly LOL and keep walking

stick with the wrinkled Red or black......in fact I'd change those pullies to black as well.

just my .02 cents though

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I disagree with your above statements.

black 10th vert

Established Member

just my .02 cents though

Now that's something I have never thought of, or seen... wrinkled red. That might look pretty cool if it was a bright red like the 10th seats. I may do a spare set of covers in wrinkled red just for the heck of it, but so far, I really like the black wrinkled ones on my car.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I disagree with your above statements.

no worries bro........it's just how I feel. I personally wouldn't be able to live with the two different color red's on my car...but that's just me. It's your car..do what makes YOU happy:beer:

black10th.....there is someone on here who has a bright red wrinkle finish on the valve covers and it looks awesome..i have seen it before. If I ever did it, that's the direction I'd go in.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
black10th.....there is someone on here who has a bright red wrinkle finish on the valve covers and it looks awesome..i have seen it before. If I ever did it, that's the direction I'd go in.
I think the wrinkle red would look awesome on a black car, but not a red one. The engine bay need to contrast the valve covers IMO.

Wrinkle Black on a Red car = :rockon:

Wrinkle Red on a Black car = :rockon:

03saleencobra

Established Member
I think redfire would look sikk, I saw a mystichrome engine bay with redfire pullies, cam covers and jlt intake I never would have thought itd look good but after seeing it I was def impressed. Refire FTW!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Just picked up my wrinkle black covers from the powdercoaters. :dancenana:

I will get some pics this afternoon.

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
Well guys I went with the redfire. I was going for a different look then everyone else though I do think wrinkle black looks badass but I'm hoping it stands out in a good way. I will post pics of them once I get them installed.

Just picked up my wrinkle black covers from the powdercoaters. :dancenana:

I will get some pics this afternoon.

Your car is one of the cleanest cobras out there. I'm sure those covers are gonna look sick. I'll be waiting for some pics and can't believe your selling your wheels again ha.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Well guys I went with the redfire. I was going for a different look then everyone else though I do think wrinkle black looks badass but I'm hoping it stands out in a good way. I will post pics of them once I get them installed.
Your car is one of the cleanest cobras out there. I'm sure those covers are gonna look sick. I'll be waiting for some pics and can't believe your selling your wheels again ha.
Thanks man. Here are a few pictures so far. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/621512-valve-covers-powder-coated.html

Be sure and post up some pictures of yours when you get them finished.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
good choice, this is what mine looks like now.

IMG_1892.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread