What color wheels?

Walk2Much

Established Member
I am just curious of what others think will be a good color to have my wheels powder coated. These wheels get dirty fast and they are a pain to clean, they are polished aluminium. What color would look good on my SUV? If anyone can photo shop some colors that would be great, I don't have that kind of skill.

40014524681_90218dc7d5_h.jpg

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I actually like the color. Get some ceramic coat for wheels and apply. Should make cleaning a breeze! Otherwise, an anthracite color would look sharp.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I actually like the color. Get some ceramic coat for wheels and apply. Should make cleaning a breeze! Otherwise, an anthracite color would look sharp.

This.
I just used Adams Ceramic coating on a set of True Forged wheels I picked up cheap. Make sure you polish/clean them to your liking, then coat them. They will be super smooth after, like a fresh paint detail x10. Coating lasts up to 2 years too.
I polished and coated the backside and front. Just take your time and be sure you are happy with them before you coat 'em.
This is the stuff I used.
http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-ceramic-wheel-coating.html
I did two 18x9 wheels and two 18x11 and there's still over 75% of each solution left. I will easily get 3 sets of wheels out of the one kit. Maybe even be able to do 4 or 5, if you just do the outer portion of the wheel.
By the way, everything from Adams smells sooooo good. Haha, seriously. That Ceramic boost has an amazing smell, I can't quite put my finger on what the scent is. The cleaner smells like berries.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm not a photoshop master and the program I use (snagit) isn't really made for this. I think you should do as mentioned with the ceramic coating unless you just want to change the color.

Got carried away with a the drop and roof rack removal:
Caddy.jpg

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I'm not a photoshop master and the program I use (snagit) isn't really made for this. I think you should do as mentioned with the ceramic coating unless you just want to change the color.

View attachment 1462389

Given the color of the car, I was thinking something dark like above would look good.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know what the finish is on these wheels, but I like the color with the gray paint.

my18_cx9_gt_46g_machine_gray_car-0007.jpg

08mojo

Established Member
As others said, go with a ceramic coating to make the wheels easier to clean (even if you decide to change the color of the wheels). I've had silver, gunmetal and black colored wheels and they all look dirty. There is no color that really hides the dirt and brake dust, but I wish there was!

Walk2Much

Established Member

View attachment 1462389

Thanks that looks good! I never thought of removing the roof rack, I was think about having the chrome on it wrapped in black. I have been trying to find some lowering springs but I'm not having any luck.

Users who are viewing this thread