What could you buy with the amount of money you are down from the Market

Cobra-O

Established Member
Thought we could share some pain here. Market has destroyed me of lately, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

I figure I could have paid off my boat, or my truck, or taken my wife around the world on vacation.

:fm::fm::fm:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
For a young guy like me the fluctuation of the market doesn't bother me. It will rebound and when it does I will make money. Not sure if your strategy is long term growth or short term profit.

Also, if you've got a boat, odds are you can afford to lose a bit of cash in the market.

oldmodman

Established Member
From Thursdays drop?

Or from everything I have lost in the market in my entire life?

Thursday-Built motor, bigger blower (polished of course), and a custom paint job.

Everything-House in Hawaii.

The funny thing is it almost balanced out with tax free bond fund gains.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Uh about 10 grand or so. Nothing really to worry about honestly.

It's the market. Shit happens.

DefCon3

Established Member
Buy, Buy, Buy.

Companies are reportedly sitting on piles of cash, and when Obama gets booted next year, the economy will rebound.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im not gonna bother to look since I have another 37 years (in a row?) before it matters but Im sure it makes that 1.5% I was earning with it in the bank look mighty good at the moment.

now I just need to get these jetskis sold so I can buy some shit while its on sale

Coiled03

Established Member
You haven't lost shit unless you sell now. I don't understand why people bitch about "losing money" in the stock market. Unless you literally need your money in the very near future, WGAF what the market does? You can buy shares on the cheap right now, and then when it comes back, you'll be in even better shape!

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Nothing. Because I haven't gotten into the market as far as stocks go. I'd have to look and see hwat my 401k looks like.

I know back around 9/11 and the ensuing stock market crash my mom lost somewhere in the neighborhood of $80k between mutual funds and stocks and retirement etc... that's a big pill to swallow. Luckily most of that had rebounded.

Although I know it's meager, I do have about $800 sitting around in bonds that I'd like to cash into the market, but I have to start to read up on my options again before I dive into it.

Last edited:

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
proally a nice ar15 or a nice surround sound system, couldn't tell you though, I've had my stocks for 10+ years and don't plan on changing them in the near future.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Thought we could share some pain here. Market has destroyed me of lately, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

I figure I could have paid off my boat, or my truck, or taken my wife around the world on vacation.

:fm::fm::fm:

Since it is all on paper, I'm down nothing.

You haven't lost shit unless you sell now. I don't understand why people bitch about "losing money" in the stock market. Unless you literally need your money in the very near future, WGAF what the market does? You can buy shares on the cheap right now, and then when it comes back, you'll be in even better shape!

Exactly. :beer:

It is a type of dollar cost averaging. Basically, you buy up more of the same stock at the cheaper price to lower your average cost on the shares.

Users who are viewing this thread