What did you ACTUALLY pay for your Cobra?

LS WUT

Established Member
It’s pretty close to exactly what I want. It’s a one owner, original documentation, clean coupe. Only thing that would be better is if it never had a pulley change. It’s pretty near stock though with pulley, exhaust and intake. I just don’t know what a fair price is.
As been stated above. A car is what you’re willing to pay for it. Nostalgia brings prices on these up. Same can be said for a MK4 supra. If you plan to resell later on then $34k-$35k is where you’ll need to be. As I said in PM. It’s a 1 owner car, all documentation, and all easily reversible mods. I’ll put it to you this way, my dream color is costing a premium of $6k more than you want and if I buy it then it will require paint work, and body work. With 35k more miles than you’re getting. Redfire is a great color.

Attachments

• IMG_1435.jpeg
    IMG_1435.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 71

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member

muscleatsrice

Established Member
As been stated above. A car is what you’re willing to pay for it. Nostalgia brings prices on these up. Same can be said for a MK4 supra. If you plan to resell later on then $34k-$35k is where you’ll need to be. As I said in PM. It’s a 1 owner car, all documentation, and all easily reversible mods. I’ll put it to you this way, my dream color is costing a premium of $6k more than you want and if I buy it then it will require paint work, and body work. With 35k more miles than you’re getting. Redfire is a great color.

It’s the best color, but I’m pretty biased
IMG_0841.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Was searching on and off for one, scrolling through Facebook marketplace one day and somehow it popped up several states away. Drove from Indiana to West Virginia to get it the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Is this the car from Naugatuck? Just wondering. If so you were not that far from where I am.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
In December 2004, Wendle Ford put my Mystichrome on auction on Ebay. It ran for a week or so. Wen it ended it did not sell. So I called them up and asked them what it would take to buy it. With the $2,500 rebate the total was $32,260 and shipping was $1,500 from Spokane WA to Williamson WV. Then our beloved state charged me over $2,000 to title and register it. So I have just under $36,000. in mine.

cj428mach

Established Member
$24,500 in 2013 from the original owner with 7474 miles. He was a 65 year old guy who's body just wasn't allowing him to get in and out of the car easy. Unfortunately his financial stability worked against me because he was asking 26,000 and some of the Terminator experts on here at the time said I should pay $23k for it. Well since he didn't need the money he had some negotiating power.

I think I got him to budge because he liked me and saw how much I wanted the car and would care for it. At least it was the color I wanted and only 100 miles from home.

LS WUT

Established Member
$24,500 in 2013 from the original owner with 7474 miles. He was a 65 year old guy who's body just wasn't allowing him to get in and out of the car easy. Unfortunately his financial stability worked against me because he was asking 26,000 and some of the Terminator experts on here at the time said I should pay $23k for it. Well since he didn't need the money he had some negotiating power.

I think I got him to budge because he liked me and saw how much I wanted the car and would care for it. At least it was the color I wanted and only 100 miles from home.
You still have it right? Care to show some photos of it?

cj428mach

Established Member
You still have it right? Care to show some photos of it?
Yes I still have it and if I have to down size it'll be last to go. I have several other play cars and they all take their turn in storage at the shop except the Terminator, it's always at home. It has 16,000 miles on it now so I'm averaging around 1000 a year.

I'm kind of a purist in a way I've never drilled a hole in the car or spliced a wire on it. I have all original parts off the car and if a stock part needed modding I sourced another to mod. I even have the stock 8900 mile t56 tagged and in a box.

The only exterior mods my car has other than cutting the stock coil springs are shorty antenna, true forged hood vents, brembos and 10.5" cobra reps in the back.

Interior the singly mod is a column pod with a single speed hut gauge.

The engine bay is a little different but I prefer it be a stockish appearance even if it's cluttered.

Attachments

• 20230718_152309.jpg
    20230718_152309.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230718_152325.jpg
    20230718_152325.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210117_122320.jpg
    20210117_122320.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200129_182154.jpg
    20200129_182154.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 77

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
That's the thing about it. You may get a hefty offer at the gas station from some random, but when you inevitably regret selling it, you'll struggle to get into another one that's just like the one you let go of. I finally have all the "go-to" goodies from the glory days (2.2KB, ambers, original airfoils, chrome AFS...etc) so to start over now would be expensive and a real pain in my ass. lol

Just reading through the comments, this philosophy could be applied to my current 2013 too. It's the same reason I can't just up and sell my car which I purchased just before COVID.

Not to mention just like some Terminator stuff, 3/4 of the goodies are now discontinued.

Pertaining to Terminators, I wish I had the space to have kept my SY and the wifes Comp O. I wayyy under priced the Comp O when I sold it.

SVT_JP

Established Member
I paid $20,500 for my 10th Anniversary TR vert in 2016, near stock with $38K miles on it. Don't underestimate people's propensity for BS when stating what they paid on this thread.

IllCobra

Established Member
Paid $20,500 Nov. 2016 for my Sonic Blue Cobra with about 59,500 miles. Had to drop another $8-9K one month after buying it due to it dropping a valve seat. The shop that rebuilt the motor only took a couple months to get it back to me, but it took a 14 months from the day it dropped the valve seat to the day it was back on the road. I had to find a set of heads, which I got lucky and found a DC casting set about an hour from me. I also had to save money back up for the repairs since I had paid cash for the car - took a while since I had just received by bachelor's degree and didn't have a real job yet. Currently sitting at 67k miles. Time seems to be my worst enemy with this thing. I have a Fore fuel system ready to go in this thing so I can finally see what all the hype is about with E85 haha

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
04 with 2.93 pulley, magnaflow exhaust, old school JLT, Pro 5.0 with 25k miles for 19k back in 2016. Now it has a plethora of mods and I wouldn’t entertain anything less then 35k.

Users who are viewing this thread