What did you do for your Terminator today?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have a driver side one and I do get some oil in it every few thousand miles, before it I was getting a small puddle in my intake and I don't get any now. I have a passenger too and that one never has any either lol

I glad I wasnt the only one lol. I am no expert but it seems like people don't like running breathers. I didn't want to cut the intake up to add the stock piece so I added a cheap breather on the passenger side (when I added the VMP intake). Long story short I've been thinking of adding a CFM breather where the oil cap goes and a jlt oil seperator on the driver side. I've seen a few people on here who have this set up and I like it. I just don't know if it's worth it as in actually helps prevent the oil build up.

Thanks

I believe it has to do with how the air flows through the PCV system. You'll never get anything on the passenger side. It only collects on the driver side. That's why most people only run catch cans on the driver side.

KINGCarnge

Established Member
I believe it has to do with how the air flows through the PCV system. You'll never get anything on the passenger side. It only collects on the driver side. That's why most people only run catch cans on the driver side.

Thanks for the info. Will order the JLT for it.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Correct. Air travels INTO the pcv system through the passenger side, down into the crankcase where it sweeps out moisture and combustion byproducts, and then out the driver side on its way back into the incoming fresh air stream.

As long as the engine doesn't have any broken or excessively worn pistons, or ludicrous amounts of boost being pushed into it, there should never be any significant amount of crankcase ventilation traveling that direction in the system.

Make sure to run your can as far away from the pcv valve as you can, and use the biggest one you can fit. Tiny cans right next to the pcv valve will only be marginally effective. I would run my outgoing line behind the blower and place my can near the air filter and then run my return line back to the blower. Here's a nice example that should work for 99% of Cobras. Btw- there are bigger/better options than the jlt for less money if you look around. Ebay has some good ones.

Screenshot_20210928-105441_Gallery.jpg

BostonJohn

Probably a dumb question but does the catch can really work on the driver side? I had a jlt can on my passenger side and I swear I never had one drop of oil in it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
When I brought it home it had about an inch of oil in it. I emptied it and haven't checked since. I've done about 300 miles after I emptied it. I'll check later today

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Spent a few hours last night washing her, vacuumed, checked the torque on the lugs, checked fluids, conditioned the "leather"... Hitting the road this afternoon for Fall Ford Fest in Wisconsin Dells.

Side note... When I first fired her up, she stumbled, fought, engine light came on, and then she puked. Tried again and she turned over no problem. Tried to replicate it a few times and couldn't. Codes were P0340 and 0350 for cam position sensor and coil failure (didn't specify which cylinder so that's nice). Cleared those, idled her for a while, went around the block, ran just fine. Weird.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Spent a few hours last night washing her, vacuumed, checked the torque on the lugs, checked fluids, conditioned the "leather"... Hitting the road this afternoon for Fall Ford Fest in Wisconsin Dells.

Side note... When I first fired her up, she stumbled, fought, engine light came on, and then she puked. Tried again and she turned over no problem. Tried to replicate it a few times and couldn't. Codes were P0340 and 0350 for cam position sensor and coil failure (didn't specify which cylinder so that's nice). Cleared those, idled her for a while, went around the block, ran just fine. Weird.
Probably just pissy that you haven't given her any attention in a while. I fired mine up this morning for the first time in a couple weeks and figured out now that's its colder in the mornings I need to work on a different part of the cold start table.

I also learned that 55 degree ambient temp plus 20psi equals spinning in second getting on the freeway if you punch it. But 3rd and fourth was fun.

BossMane

Established Member
Started building my big wire kit upgrade, installed a new pilot and throw-out bearing, new MGW shifter, and Tick Performance bronze shifter cup bushing.

Gonna get her cleaned up this afternoon and drive her to dinner.

cobracide

Established Member
Started building my big wire kit upgrade, installed a new pilot and throw-out bearing, new MGW shifter, and Tick Performance bronze shifter cup bushing.

Gonna get her cleaned up this afternoon and drive her to dinner.
Just dinner? Come on now. Don't be a prude.

Daywalker

Established Member
It's been a while since I've posted, but in the last year or so I've upgraded from a Gen 2 2.3 to a Gen 4 2.9, added ID1050s and a FORE lvl 2 fuel system, BMR HD K member (two of them actually) and a arms, Viking coilovers all around, and a deck lid cover I've had in my garage for like 3 years . Just this past weekend we did the KMJ alternator with big 3 wiring upgrade, TOB, billet TOB sleeve, pivot ball, clutch fork, and Baer 6 piston caliper upgrade. I could be forgetting something, but it's been both expensive and fun, shout outs to JB's Garage.

BossMane

Established Member
Replaced all the factory idler pulleys with billet units (three 100mm and one 90mm) and installed a new belt. Then I replaced the stock radiator cover with the aluminum TERMINATOR radiator cover that I got from @OSU34

Hopefully I'll get the hood strut kit installed this afternoon, and get a chance to clean the engine bay up after getting caught in the rain on the way home yesterday.

10-12-21 Engine Bay (forum).jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's been a while since I've posted, but in the last year or so I've upgraded from a Gen 2 2.3 to a Gen 4 2.9, added ID1050s and a FORE lvl 2 fuel system, BMR HD K member (two of them actually) and a arms, Viking coilovers all around, and a deck lid cover I've had in my garage for like 3 years . Just this past weekend we did the KMJ alternator with big 3 wiring upgrade, TOB, billet TOB sleeve, pivot ball, clutch fork, and Baer 6 piston caliper upgrade. I could be forgetting something, but it's been both expensive and fun, shout outs to JB's Garage.
FTBR toe links and the smaller blower pulley.

terminatd

Established Member
My original 2002 battery finally died...

but I popped the caps and found it low on water and two cells showing the top dry..

So, I added distilled water and put on the trickle charger

After a week still no green light, yellow indicating charging and the volts were good. All but one cell bubbling on 50A charge.. problem in one cell.

Another week goes by and bingo, fully charged green light good to go... desulfation must have taken a full two weeks.

Original battery 19 years and still going strong....... what's the record?

Users who are viewing this thread