What did you do for your Terminator today?

Bullitt1448

Established Member

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
I had been looking for something for a while. I recently "finished" the cobra and had the itch for another toy.

I looked at GT350s, 13/14 GT500s, c6z, 21-23 Mach 1s, 17-19 c7 grand sports which all came in from 40-60k. At the end of the day I decided I just didn't want to spend that much so I started looking at the cheaper end of the spectrum. 98-02 SS/WS6, foxbodies, terminators, c5z.

I was VERY close to buying another terminator. Had two that I was ready to pull the trigger on but the sellers were so slow at responding, and I would have had to ship them. This SS popped up local, low mileage with a binder full of every receipt and mod done to the car and a seller that was ready to sell. I couldn't resist.

It has a stock rear end other the the 4.10 gears. I plan to address that eventually. I want to focus on some appears stuff first. I'm thinking I want some welds. Probably some new headlight and address the roof situation. I don't think I'll do much more performance wise. If I have the urge to drive something violent, I'll just hop in the cobra.

**edit** the wheels need to go ASAP, they are the least favorite part of the car for me.

I briefly started trying to find one in good shape, but they seem to go for way more than the SS.
I had a pewter WS6 with a Dana rear end with 4:10s and I thought it was a tad to much for 1st gear and trying to grab traction the first 2 gears and like the 3.73s a lot better for all driving.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
I didn't know you had Firebirds in your history, Bob. I never had a Firebird, but I did have a '94 Z28 that was converted by Callaway Cars (motor, suspension, brakes, interior, paint).

View attachment 1837480

View attachment 1837481

This was from back in 2010, so my pictures are not the best hahaha. But here is this beauty. Had so much custom details done to it.

View attachment 1837517

View attachment 1837518

View attachment 1837519

View attachment 1837520

View attachment 1837521

View attachment 1837522
That’s hot

gotjack

Established Member
Image1713583399.757767.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good looking Cobra, @03' White Snake. I noticed that you painted most of the underside of the hood with a matte black color. I like how you carried the look of the engine bay (black engine assembly) bordered by CO paint. Different, and really good looking.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Good looking Cobra, @03' White Snake. I noticed that you painted most of the underside of the hood with a matte black color. I like how you carried the look of the engine bay (black engine assembly) bordered by CO paint. Different, and really good looking.
That wasn’t my car Bob. Just a bad a$$ cobra I saw at MustangWeek years ago. It was a metallic comp O, not stock at all. Every panel was customized somehow.

**stole some images from last owners IG***

If you look closely, you can see the side scoops were smoothed into the body, no lines.

IMG_7449.jpeg

Custom raised rear wing.

IMG_7451.jpeg

And when it was totaled out.

IMG_7452.jpeg

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
Took the cobra out for an afternoon drive. Turned out to be a really nice day on the island. I was on the highway and noticed this bmw coming up pretty quick. I had my windows down and look over, all of a sudden this chic in the passenger seat yells out, is that a real terminator? Im like holy shit how did she know? I said yea it is. Then see her man driving, he gives me the thumbs up and says thats a sick car. Then he just speeds up and goes. 20 something years later this car still draws attention. I guess her man knew the car thats how she knew.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Took the cobra out for an afternoon drive. Turned out to be a really nice day on the island. I was on the highway and noticed this bmw coming up pretty quick. I had my windows down and look over, all of a sudden this chic in the passenger seat yells out, is that a real terminator? Im like holy shit how did she know? I said yea it is. Then see her man driving, he gives me the thumbs up and says thats a sick car. Then he just speeds up and goes. 20 something years later this car still draws attention. I guess her man knew the car thats how she knew.

I was hesitant to go get my car and drive it because the weather was questionable for a bit. I got stuck dealing with changing the radiator out of my wrangler. What a disaster dealing with that.

stangfreak

Established Member
I was hesitant to go get my car and drive it because the weather was questionable for a bit. I got stuck dealing with changing the radiator out of my wrangler. What a disaster dealing with that.

oh man. Its that much of a disaster to change out the radiators in those cars?

Yea bro thank god it ended up being nice. so many cars out. saw three lambos, mclaren 720s, lots of c7 vettes. And I went to mustang magic to make a list of what we are doing when I drop the car off for the cams.

And I just found...........we can now by a 99 mustang GT, and coyote swap it or do whatever. No more emissions. Before, in NY, even if your car was 25 years old but still had the OBD2, you still had to scan. Now you just get safety. so our cars, in a few more years, no more emissions. Just safety. wouldn't mind picking up a cheap v6 mustang and doing a swap.

But on the cobra once it hits 25 years, I am putting an aftermarket ECU. No question.

Last edited:

blwn89gt

Established Member
oh man. Its that much of a disaster to change out the radiators in those cars?

Yea bro thank god it ended up being nice. so many cars out. saw three lambos, mclaren 720s, lots of c7 vettes. And I went to mustang magic to make a list of what we are doing when I drop the car off for the cams.

And I just found...........we can now by a 99 mustang GT, and coyote swap it or do whatever. No more emissions. Before, in NY, even if your car was 25 years old but still had the OBD2, you still had to scan. Now you just get safety. so our cars, in a few more years, no more emissions. Just safety. wouldn't mind picking up a cheap v6 mustang and doing a swap.

But on the cobra once it hits 25 years, I am putting an aftermarket ECU. No question.

I’m waiting for that to do a MS3. That’s when I’ll go e85 and pulley the shit out of my 2.9 and make that bitch work. Getting to the radiator on the wrangler wasn’t bad since I have an aftermarket bumper and a 5” lift. It was getting it out, reinstalling it and then getting the air out of the system. Don’t get me started on the two different coolants mopar used. Mines a 2013 and that’s when they started using a newer coolant that can’t be used with the old coolant.

stangfreak

Established Member
I’m waiting for that to do a MS3. That’s when I’ll go e85 and pulley the shit out of my 2.9 and make that bitch work. Getting to the radiator on the wrangler wasn’t bad since I have an aftermarket bumper and a 5” lift. It was getting it out, reinstalling it and then getting the air out of the system. Don’t get me started on the two different coolants mopar used. Mines a 2013 and that’s when they started using a newer coolant that can’t be used with the old coolant.

Bro the 2.9 is a sick blower. My car with the 2.9 was an animal on 23lbs. Jose and AJ with the comp orange twin turbo cobra both drove it and they said it was a rocket for what it was. That blower on E85 on 25lbs will be a beast. The only car I lost to when I had the 2.9 was my buddy's procharged c6 z06. Heads cam intake procharged. built bottom end. You dont always run into 1000hp cars. But all the times I took out my car, that vette was the only one that beat me.

MM is already working on a coyote swapped 99. cant wait to see how it turns out. once our cars reach that mark Im also going with E85, more boost, AM ECU. Then the cobra will be done. Until it needs a motor lol. But once I do these bigger long tubes, cams, its done. Project finish. Then I will start a new project. Its going to be a coyote hands down. And this time, turbos. No more blowers. was talking to the tuner and thats the route we are going to go. Twins, gen3 coyote, auto. If I could get a notch for cheap, I will shove it in that.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Bro the 2.9 is a sick blower. My car with the 2.9 was an animal on 23lbs. Jose and AJ with the comp orange twin turbo cobra both drove it and they said it was a rocket for what it was. That blower on E85 on 25lbs will be a beast. The only car I lost to when I had the 2.9 was my buddy's procharged c6 z06. Heads cam intake procharged. built bottom end. You dont always run into 1000hp cars. But all the times I took out my car, that vette was the only one that beat me.

MM is already working on a coyote swapped 99. cant wait to see how it turns out. once our cars reach that mark Im also going with E85, more boost, AM ECU. Then the cobra will be done. Until it needs a motor lol. But once I do these bigger long tubes, cams, its done. Project finish. Then I will start a new project. Its going to be a coyote hands down. And this time, turbos. No more blowers. was talking to the tuner and thats the route we are going to go. Twins, gen3 coyote, auto. If I could get a notch for cheap, I will shove it in that.

I was considering looking for a sonic blue roller in the future and building a teksid block over time and giving my ZY to my son because he’s 9 and he’s getting into the Motorsport now. But maybe getting a new edge and coyote swapping it as a project in the future is the way. I always wanted sonic blue, but then again I always wanted a 13/14 GT500 also lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread