What did you do for your Terminator today?

blownfox

Established Member
I ordered the 5" VMP intake a couple weeks back from TRBO VNM. Jason was great to work with and the process was very easy. Next on the list will be Kevin's tune.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Coretuning is an option. Lasota racing handbook. It will get you pretty close to a perfect tune it just take a lot of time and street tuning.

I purchased Laaotas book, read it a bunch of times and it really helped me get my feet under me for tuning with SCT. I'm excited to see how it translates as I learn to tune my MS3 Pro soon.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Doesn't the Coretuning use the Moates set up that's no longer being made?
It can use a Moates. I never used the Moates Quarterhorse. I have one but did not what to remove the ECM, clean the pins, etc. I use the Mongoose cable. It’s not as fast and you can’t write directly to the ECM like you can with the Moates but I’m OK with that. Even my tuner prefers to go the Mongoose route. I’ll probably never use this Moates I have. Maybe I’ll sell it in a few years when people can’t find them anymore.

wckdvnm

Established Member
I haven’t emailed him no. I sent him a PM on here. Is there an email I can reach him at?

He seems to not answer pm’s. He has a instagram as well but I’m not sure if he replies there too. So I also agree I need his email for when I want to get some tuning done. I’m not sure if dechipa does any other tunes but with quarterhorse, of which is dead until the company who bought the rights to reverse engineer get it done… if any of these guys pick up tuning MS3’s it would probably make them a more enticing offering.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
He seems to not answer pm’s. He has a instagram as well but I’m not sure if he replies there too. So I also agree I need his email for when I want to get some tuning done. I’m not sure if dechipa does any other tunes but with quarterhorse, of which is dead until the company who bought the rights to reverse engineer get it done… if any of these guys pick up tuning MS3’s it would probably make them a more enticing offering.

There's a guy on Facebook that tunes MS3 and is super helpful on the MS3 Mustang group. Kind of like Malcolm and Kevin before they became so busy.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It can use a Moates. I never used the Moates Quarterhorse. I have one but did not what to remove the ECM, clean the pins, etc. I use the Mongoose cable. It’s not as fast and you can’t write directly to the ECM like you can with the Moates but I’m OK with that. Even my tuner prefers to go the Mongoose route. I’ll probably never use this Moates I have. Maybe I’ll sell it in a few years when people can’t find them anymore.
That's good to know. My daughter is looking into getting another Mustang and I'd like some options beyond SCT. And I doubt she'll ever need an MS3.

The MS3 really isn't bad. To be honest I've found the software for the MS3 more intuitive than the software for the Haltech.

JCDriller

Established Member
Update on my under hood paint job.

It’s been really slow going. Since I started this I had to learn how to properly paint, wet sand and polish. I actually painted it twice. One of those projects I learned so much on and next time wouldn’t take 1/4 of the time.

Not done, but getting close enough I’m getting excited to get it mounted up and wanted to share my progress.

70B1D28A-ED3C-48BA-9042-AD29EF3EE427.jpeg
C7FE08A6-E6DA-484F-BFD0-D92D16254C3A.jpeg

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Update on my under hood paint job.

It’s been really slow going. Since I started this I had to learn how to properly paint, wet sand and polish. I actually painted it twice. One of those projects I learned so much on and next time wouldn’t take 1/4 of the time.

Not done, but getting close enough I’m getting excited to get it mounted up and wanted to share my progress.

View attachment 1783631View attachment 1783632
I know absolutely nothing about body work and paint. Well done sir!

JCDriller

Established Member
I know absolutely nothing about body work and paint. Well done sir!
I didn’t either before this. Nothing like spraying the underside of a 10k mi cobra hood not really knowing exactly what you’re doing…. I mean I had a very good understanding conceptually, just needed to execute it properly.

I’ve always been gung ho about projects and they always turn out nice so I’m probably a bit over confident (not cocky) I’ll get burned one day, but this one turned out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You have had your Cobra for 41 years!? didn't know that was possible... ;)

Congratulations!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I took the cobra out for the first time this year and took my wife out to dinner for our anniversary. 41 years. :)
Congratulations Mike. My wife and I celebrate 55 years in June!

Yesterday I installed my intake tube, hood vents, and 3rd brake light. Hood had the lmr billet ones in it and I'm not a fan of them. Going to get the shop rearranged so I can get the bumper in there to get sprayed! View attachment 1783639View attachment 1783640View attachment 1783641
The black factory vents contrast nicely with the Zinc Yellow paint. Engine bay looks mighty clean!!

LS WUT

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread