What did you do for your Terminator today?

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
My rxt has been flawless, I also did the spring mod on the clutch cable.
I just really like the sound of the super simple install with the DYAD. Does the spring mode get rid of the slack in the clutch pedal? I recently got to feel a RXT in a friend's Terminator (mine isn't installed yet) and I could feel the pedal had some slack, it just loosely hung there.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Murderedsvt

Established Member
I just really like the sound of the super simple install with the DYAD. Does the spring mode get rid of the slack in the clutch pedal? I recently got to feel a RXT in a friend's Terminator (mine isn't installed yet) and I could feel the pedal had some slack, it just loosely hung there.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yes

stangfreak

Established Member
I installed the dyad probably back in 2018ish. The only thing that bothers me is it grabs way at the bottom. Like about an inch off the floor. I doubt that I have 2500 miles on it. And now once in awhile I hear a chatter/chirp sound when taking off in 1st gear.

I've adjusted the cable/tob bearing settings a lot just trying to fix it. I'm thinking about removing the "free play" mod spring and bushing to see if it changes anything.

Otherwise maybe the tob is toast already?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
so you cant adjust it to grab a bit higher?

stangfreak

Established Member
The DYAD's are sold with their own flywheel....its all one unit. The flywheel is recessed (see video) which allows one of the discs to sit inside there. This the is reason this clutch works so well with Magnums.....the clutch stack height is a good bit shorter than your typical RXT which sits "on top of" whatever flywheel you pair it with....which would not be a recessed flywheel. That is why you have to clearance the fork/trans when running a Magnum.

DYAD has a ton of cool features....bushings to absorb chatter, sprung loaded hub, ARP hardware included, etc. The only thing I would do is remove the ring and weights on the pressure plate. They give you about 50 ft/lb more clamp force, but can create more problems than they solve if they jam up. Clutch is still super strong without them so i'd just take them off.

This clutch looks really damn good. Thanks for the video. I think this is the clutch I am doing when I eventually go with the T56 magnum

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
so you cant adjust it to grab a bit higher?
I've tried, but doesn't seem like it. Maybe with an adjustable pivot ball? I'm using the stock one.

I will say, the clutch pedal effort is super light.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Nice. cant wait to see what it makes. How much boost you rnning on the 2.9?

I honestly have no idea lmfao. Last time that thing was under boost was 2020 when I smoked the motor. I got a 3.00 pulley on it I believe with a stock lower. I’m extremely intrigued by the MS3 and being able to use a flex sensor. I’m on 93 because I never wanted to deal with the e85 nonsense. My buddy ran it in his car and had nothing but problems finding consistently good E and my other thing is I don’t get to drive my car a lot and I’m just apprehensive. My cars fuel system is good to E I just never went through with it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

stangfreak

Established Member
I've tried, but doesn't seem like it. Maybe with an adjustable pivot ball? I'm using the stock one.

I will say, the clutch pedal effort is super light.

silly question. Im assuming you have a firewall adjuster

stangfreak

Established Member
I honestly have no idea lmfao. Last time that thing was under boost was 2020 when I smoked the motor. I got a 3.00 pulley on it I believe with a stock lower. I’m extremely intrigued by the MS3 and being able to use a flex sensor. I’m on 93 because I never wanted to deal with the e85 nonsense. My buddy ran it in his car and had nothing but problems finding consistently good E and my other thing is I don’t get to drive my car a lot and I’m just apprehensive. My cars fuel system is good to E I just never went through with it.

I haven't touched E85. Not sure if I will. I remember when I had my 2.9, I believe I had a 3.5 upper a 4lb lower. It made 22lbs I think.

blwn89gt

Established Member
I haven't touched E85. Not sure if I will. I remember when I had my 2.9, I believe I had a 3.5 upper a 4lb lower. It made 22lbs I think.

It sucks because I know my car will probably be an animal on E, but I just don’t feel like dealing with all the crap that comes with running it. My boy ran it in his zr1. Car ran great and never had an issue but he had a flex sensor and he was able to drive the car more than I’m able to drive mine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My choice would be the Ford Racing Blue. I just saw a photo yesterday, I believe, and the blue covers looked really good with the silver paint. Black is okay, but the blue pops without overdoing it. Black doesn't stand out enough IMO. But it's all about what YOU like best.
574a468f367f02010d33ed081223a343.jpg

blwn89gt

Established Member
Only reason I didn’t do blue on my car is because my car is frigin yellow and I already started doing black, so I went with wrinkle black VCs and Coil covers

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I was going to do blue initially but I went with black because I thought the blue ones had been done by too many others, not just in these cars but the gt500 and the FGT. Not trying to knock anyone’s choice but just my opinion

MG0h3

Established Member
Yes fiore adjuster. I've adjusted so the tob isn't spinning, slightly spinning, and so forth.

TOB should be just lightly riding the pp fingers so that it’s always spinning.

You’ll cook it otherwise.

If you’re under the car while adjusting and you move it away from the fingers so that it stops, sparks fly when it touches the fingers and has to go from zero to 850rpm instantly.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member

If you’re under the car while adjusting and you move it away from the fingers so that it stops, sparks fly when it touches the fingers and has to go from zero to 850rpm instantly.

Yep, slight preload is good.

stangfreak

Established Member
My choice would be the Ford Racing Blue. I just saw a photo yesterday, I believe, and the blue covers looked really good with the silver paint. Black is okay, but the blue pops without overdoing it. Black doesn't stand out enough IMO. But it's all about what YOU like best.
574a468f367f02010d33ed081223a343.jpg
bob, yea that does look great. I saw that pic was well. Looks damn good in ford racing blue.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

This is the way I have it setup. I tried the other ways just to see if the noise would go away. But it is intermittent.

stangfreak

Established Member
It sucks because I know my car will probably be an animal on E, but I just don’t feel like dealing with all the crap that comes with running it. My boy ran it in his zr1. Car ran great and never had an issue but he had a flex sensor and he was able to drive the car more than I’m able to drive mine.

Thats why I wont touch the E85. I know people will chime in and say they had no problems but. Even c85 from VP. They added an additive in it to prevent corrosion. But when I spoke to them, even with that additive, VP told me if my car will sit dont use it.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Thats why I wont touch the E85. I know people will chime in and say they had no problems but. Even c85 from VP. They added an additive in it to prevent corrosion. But when I spoke to them, even with that additive, VP told me if my car will sit dont use it.
Been on corn since 2016. No issues, and I would never go back. I average 1k-1500 miles a year. Car sits 6-8 months straight all winter and have no issues firing right up in the spring. I run a vented catch can, drain the condensation out of it every time I take the car out. Besides that, nothing out of the ordinary besides basic maintenance…. Oil change every year, clean the fuel filter too.

I’ve got a friend that had gone 2 years without running the car on corn and still fired up fine. Anyone who tells you not to run corn doesn’t know anything and I wouldn’t listen to them. Does it burn more fuel, yes. Is it worth it for 100-150 more HP, yes. Is E85 safer, yes. Does it smell good out the exhaust, yes.

I fill 8 VP cans at a time. Sometimes I store it for 8 months in the sealed cans. Still tests the same and has no effect on how she runs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread