What did you do to your Cobra today?

LDC2335

Established Member
:fm::cuss::mj:still no corner lights so the car is just sitting:fm::mj::cuss:

did u break one or what?

happy b-day man. the autotrix kit is really easy to install and they look pretty cool.

i finished the seq tails, they are nice, also cleaned up the interior after i trashed it during the stereo install last night.

Couple shots of my new deck and radar hard wire kit (very stealth so i don't have to take it down when i go on and off the the AF base all day)

P1040323.jpg

bluetooth mic
P1040331.jpg

P1040327.jpg

P1040332.jpg

Last edited:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
did u break one or what?QUOTE]

i broke one of them while i was taking them out. i ordered more on monday but the guy didn't ship until wednesday so they will be here next week. i got my new envoy fogs installed and they look great but unfortunately i wasn't able to salvage my hid bulb so new ones are on there way also. i've had a rough couple of weeks with this car.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
WEIGHT REDUCTION

Spent about 2-3 hours in the cold on my car today.

Mach rear deck AMP
sound deadening/insulation from behind panels
Removed back seat belt
Wheel wells
Windshield wiper fluid container and hoses associated with it
...I believe thats about it. [this is on top of allll the other weight reduction I have done on my car]

I also bought an A/C delete pulley from a friend of mine that I will be putting in on a day that I'm free and that the weather is more favorable :]

Hitting the track up today..not sure how it will do in the cold weather [ET wise], but I'm hoping for maybe a 113mph slip with my 3.27s!

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
WEIGHT REDUCTION

Mach rear deck AMP
Removed back seat belt
Wheel wells
Windshield wiper fluid container and hoses associated with it...I believe thats about it. [this is on top of allll the other weight reduction I have done on my car]

I also bought an A/C delete pulley from a friend of mine that I will be putting in on a day that I'm free and that the weather is more favorable :]

Hitting the track up today..not sure how it will do in the cold weather [ET wise], but I'm hoping for maybe a 113mph slip with my 3.27s!

I'm going to pull mine out too. It just looks cleaner under the hood, IMO, and I NEVER drive in the rain. What was the deal about taking out the wheel wells? I don't believe it saves any weight really, and it may actually hurt performance to have the passenger side out when the filter is located there. Something about the spinning tire creating a vaccuum and not allowing all the air to get to the filter? :shrug:

Anyway, good luck on hitting your 113 mph!

Boss 327

All Motor
Established Member
WEIGHT REDUCTION

Mach rear deck AMP
Removed back seat belt
Wheel wells
Windshield wiper fluid container and hoses associated with it
...I believe thats about it. [this is on top of allll the other weight reduction I have done on my car]

tell me how it goes on the ac delete. im thinking about doing the same thing because mine dont work anyways. you need to do a write up on all the things you have done to your car. im looking to go down the same path.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm going to pull mine out too. It just looks cleaner under the hood, IMO, and I NEVER drive in the rain. What was the deal about taking out the wheel wells? I don't believe it saves any weight really, and it may actually hurt performance to have the passenger side out when the filter is located there. Something about the spinning tire creating a vaccuum and not allowing all the air to get to the filter? :shrug:

Anyway, good luck on hitting your 113 mph!

I hit it! I could NOTT hook all day.

You could hear my tires spin all the way through first gear and 2nd gear my friend could see me getting sideways. 12.9@113mph

Then I was pedalling SOO much on first gear the next run, and still had some steering to do in 2nd gear and that was a 12.90 @113.4 mph

Both runs were like..2.2-2.3 60'

last run was against a turbo'd 350z, he had me out of the holeshot by about 2-3 cars. Second gear I started gaining on him, and when I shifted into third gear I just blew his doors off, felt nice :rockon:

Anyways, I just found everything I needed to build my rear end with 4.56s, so I'll be having that put in soon.

as for the wheel wells, its a long story..but they had to go, and I have a RAI not a CAI, so it wont make a difference with the air.

tell me how it goes on the ac delete. im thinking about doing the same thing because mine dont work anyways. you need to do a write up on all the things you have done to your car. im looking to go down the same path.

Will do, thats another 50 lbs off my nose!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
damn its that much? good times at the track. i cant wait to hit it up and see what i can do.

yup, I believe it actually weighs like..46-48lbs?? with everything all together..

And Thanks.:rockon:

4.56s
slicks&skinnies
short shifter
march fluid damper & retune for all my bolt-ons
MORE weight reduction

^^^ My 2 month plan

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member

unless you plan to delete the entire a/c system (condenser, evaporator, heater core), I wouldnt bother with the hassle of that pulley.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
yup, I believe it actually weighs like..46-48lbs?? with everything all together..

And Thanks.:rockon:

4.56s
slicks&skinnies
short shifter
march fluid damper & retune for all my bolt-ons
MORE weight reduction

^^^ My 2 month plan

you won't have any traction at all after the 4.56's. hope you like donuts:burnout:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i got my tag light l.e.d.'s installed and i'm now working on some l.e.d.'s in the trunk and inside the car. it should look cool when i get it all done.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
i got my tag light l.e.d.'s installed and i'm now working on some l.e.d.'s in the trunk and inside the car. it should look cool when i get it all done.

Post pics mofo! :rockon:

Which ones did you go with? eBay set?

I've been wanting to do this to mine, just looking for motivation.

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I hit it! I could NOTT hook all day.

You could hear my tires spin all the way through first gear and 2nd gear my friend could see me getting sideways. 12.9@113mph

Then I was pedalling SOO much on first gear the next run, and still had some steering to do in 2nd gear and that was a 12.90 @113.4 mph

Both runs were like..2.2-2.3 60'

last run was against a turbo'd 350z, he had me out of the holeshot by about 2-3 cars. Second gear I started gaining on him, and when I shifted into third gear I just blew his doors off, felt nice :rockon:

****yeah! :rockon:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
hot damn your cars gonna run good!

****yeah! :rockon:

:rockon: I hope so

unless you plan to delete the entire a/c system (condenser, evaporator, heater core), I wouldnt bother with the hassle of that pulley.

Why do you say that? I plan on tearing everything out..the only thing I would like to keep is the heater....everything else A/C related I would like to ditch..

you won't have any traction at all after the 4.56's. hope you like donuts:burnout:

Thats what slicks are for!

Users who are viewing this thread