What did you do to your Cobra today?

98floridacobra

Established Member
What rpms are you running at 60-70 mph on the freeway?, I'd like to know as I'm going for 3:73's or 4:10's this winter and would like to know how badly it will kill my mileage.

I'll most likely go with 3:73's as I like to road trip but it would be interesting to know how the 4:10's do.

Thanks in advance. Mark

I'm now running 2350 RPM at 65 MPH. I was below 2000 RPM before. I love the 4.10 gears. Here is the chart. http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-gear-ratio-to-rpm-chart.html

97snakebite

Established Member
Had this show up
1839b716ce6630ab30741eae82365d6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Balt21

Established Member
I've just been detailing mine for the past month when I have some time in the evenings. Finally starting to see some progress and I'll be able to start driving it.
26672628401_8443d65591_n.jpg

Last edited:

cobralvr01

Established Member
Finally got my IRS swap finished yesterday. :pepper::pepper:
All I have to say is GOD DAYUM! What a difference!

So, the original ride quality was beyond atrocious. It was so bad that I had actually given up and put the car on Craigslist for a couple of months. After some more research I decided to go with this swap. It's pretty much just a full Terminator suspension swap. I have to say my faith in this car is completely restored. Even on some of the worst roads in Phoenix it floats like a cloud. I have a little bit more NVH and can hear some drivetrain noise, but that can be taken care of down the road. If you are looking to improve your ride, I highly recommend going with the setup I put together. My car is about 1.5"-1.75" lower and the ride quality is that of a Cadillac CTS-V. It's sporty, but it can handle the worst of bumps as if they're nothing.

Swap Specs:
Stock '03-'04 Cobra Springs (-0.75 coils in front and -.50 coils in rear)
Bilstein HD Dropouts From '03 Cobra With 50k On Front And 30k On Rear.
Steeda Diff Brace
Ford Racing Outer Bearings
Swapped Out Level 5 Chromoly Halfshafts For Stock 31 Splines
30k Mile Center Differential Housing (never cracked open)
Full Tilt Boogie Racing Delrin Bushing Kit
Flowmaster 40's

Original Components:
Stock '97 Cobra Springs (stock ride height)
Koni Yellows
SR Performance Upper/Lower Control Arms
Poly Bushings On All Pivoting Suspension Parts
Ford Racing Bearings/Races etc.
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears

Total swap cost after sold parts ~ $568.82.

Last edited:

97snakebite

Established Member
Dumb question maybe but what is this?.
Upper torque box made by wildstangs. it's called a S-Box. My upper is completely cracked all over. The previous owner tried welding the cracks but made it worst. 1 good launch on slicks and I can kiss the rear end good bye

Last edited:

Snagmaster

Established Member
Upper torque box made by wildstangs. it's called a S-Box. My upper is completely cracked all over. The previous owner tried welding the cracks but made it worst. 1 good launch on slicks and I can kiss the rear end good bye

Damn!, sounds like it's seen a little track time, I'm building my vert to handle and just a few power mods as the money I spend on those can also be directed towards a 2011 + up GT's downpayment.

Either that or find a nice SN95 V6 car and dump a coyote in it, I want MORE POWER but I don't want to hammer the vert just to have it, one car to road trip and one to go nuts with.

Besides the better half loves the fact that the vert is never being fixed or worked on when she wants to cruise.

Thanks for the reply, I've done a lot of searching for parts like this and am going the whole stifflers route on the vert but I've never even heard of this.

Mark

Snagmaster

Established Member
Finally got my IRS swap finished yesterday. :pepper::pepper:
All I have to say is GOD DAYUM! What a difference!

So, the original ride quality was beyond atrocious. It was so bad that I had actually given up and put the car on Craigslist for a couple of months. After some more research I decided to go with this swap. It's pretty much just a full Terminator suspension swap. I have to say my faith in this car is completely restored. Even on some of the worst roads in Phoenix it floats like a cloud. I have a little bit more NVH and can hear some drivetrain noise, but that can be taken care of down the road. If you are looking to improve your ride, I highly recommend going with the setup I put together. My car is about 1.5"-1.75" lower and the ride quality is that of a Cadillac CTS-V. It's sporty, but it can handle the worst of bumps as if they're nothing.

Swap Specs:
Stock '03-'04 Cobra Springs (-0.75 coils in front and -.50 coils in rear)
Bilstein HD Dropouts From '03 Cobra With 50k On Front And 30k On Rear.
Steeda Diff Brace
Ford Racing Outer Bearings
Swapped Out Level 5 Chromoly Halfshafts For Stock 31 Splines
30k Mile Center Differential Housing (never cracked open)
Full Tilt Boogie Racing Delrin Bushing Kit
Flowmaster 40's

Original Components:
Stock '97 Cobra Springs (stock ride height)
Koni Yellows
SR Performance Upper/Lower Control Arms
Poly Bushings On All Pivoting Suspension Parts
Ford Racing Bearings/Races etc.
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears

Total swap cost after sold parts ~ $568.82.

Man that sounds nice, I've been thinking of doing this since day one to my vert, but most of the rears I see locally are beat up too much, eBay I guess.

So it's really that nice huh?, damn I'm envious, maybe it's time to get started.

Mark

97snakebite

Established Member
Damn!, sounds like it's seen a little track time, I'm building my vert to handle and just a few power mods as the money I spend on those can also be directed towards a 2011 + up GT's downpayment.

Either that or find a nice SN95 V6 car and dump a coyote in it, I want MORE POWER but I don't want to hammer the vert just to have it, one car to road trip and one to go nuts with.

Besides the better half loves the fact that the vert is never being fixed or worked on when she wants to cruise.

Thanks for the reply, I've done a lot of searching for parts like this and am going the whole stifflers route on the vert but I've never even heard of this.

Mark
Stiffler is cool stuff too... I know drew from AED ran a sbox in his wife's yellow Slowleen ( car was anything but slow) and he has good results so I made my decision off that

cobralvr01

Established Member
It's night and day. The ride was so bad my wife and I both hated the Cobra. Now with the IRS even my wife loves it now. If you can find a decent unit I recommend looking into it. Do your research first though and a new bushing kit is almost required. I recommend the FTBR bushing kit over Maximum Motorsports.

Last edited:

97snakebite

Established Member
Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
NP ... when I received it I thought it was wrong because the box was so small... but it is definitely a nice piece. Carrys a 3k hp rating

How was the company in dealing with them from a CS standpoint?

97snakebite

Established Member
How was the company in dealing with them from a CS standpoint?
Transaction was easy. Can't remember the rep but he was very informative. I didn't place order that day but they were till glad to answer all my questions . Went to their site, placed my order and 6 days later boom. Came completely across country. Couldn't be happier

Users who are viewing this thread