What did you do to your Cobra today?

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
MM Bilstein struts and Steeda spring spacers so I can maybe finally pull out of my driveway and not scrape the fascia. Still bummed that I had to notch the hood to clear the strut shafts, but that likely wouldn't be a problem without all the caster the MM plates allow. Still, the notches are small and the struts have all the range they'll ever need.

97snakebite

Established Member
MM Bilstein struts and Steeda spring spacers so I can maybe finally pull out of my driveway and not scrape the fascia. Still bummed that I had to notch the hood to clear the strut shafts, but that likely wouldn't be a problem without all the caster the MM plates allow. Still, the notches are small and the struts have all the range they'll ever need.
What hood do you have? I just had to remove the blanket

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Stock hood. The passenger's side strut is all the way back and all the way out currently, so the strut shaft is just outside the pocket molded into the hood for clearance. If I had the stock plates, notching likely wouldn't have been necessary since they don't allow for such a wide range of adjustment. Just didn't want to take a chance on whoever's doing the alignment shutting the hood and damaging it because they're not looking for interference.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Not so much what I did today but what I've been doing all winter. The short list - Scott Rod rivet-in fender panels, battery relocation, full wire tuck (customized all of the harnesses and re-wrapped them with TechFlex), tucked AN power-steering lines, tucked all vacuum lines, had the motor out and gone through, swapped to a 99/01 cobra upper intake, rebuilt the cold side with 3" all the way from the intercooler, repainted the engine bay obviously, refurbished a lot of miscellaneous stuff...

Here is the before and after. You'll have to excuse the poor picture quality, I took them with my cell-phone. The top picture is what I started with in November. The bottom picture is a finished and running setup. Lots and lots of hours in this....

IMG_0739_zpshcuqwlrf.jpg

2_zpspuhztcw0.jpg

Last edited:

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Not so much what I did today but what I've been doing all winter. The short list - Scott Rod rivet-in fender panels, battery relocation, full wire tuck (customized all of the harnesses and re-wrapped them with TechFlex), tucked AN power-steering lines, tucked all vacuum lines, had the motor out and gone through, swapped to a 99/01 cobra upper intake, rebuilt the cold side with 3" all the way from the intercooler, repainted the engine bay obviously, refurbished a lot of miscellaneous stuff...

Here is the before and after. You'll have to excuse the poor picture quality, I took them with my cell-phone. The top picture is what I started with in November. The bottom picture is a finished and running setup. Lots and lots of hours in this....

IMG_0739_zpshcuqwlrf.jpg

2_zpspuhztcw0.jpg

Good lord that's clean!

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member

IMG_0739_zpshcuqwlrf.jpg

2_zpspuhztcw0.jpg

Nice work! What a huge difference it makes with those panels, just cleans that engine bay up nicely.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Thanks, gents! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Just a few odds and ends to tie up, going to drive it for a bit to make sure there are no hidden gremlins that pop up, then have it retuned.

centerforce

Established Member
We love a good wire tuck, and yours came out awesome, tabres! Filling the hole on the driver side inner fender was a nice touch, too.

Last edited:

97snakebite

Established Member

IMG_0739_zpshcuqwlrf.jpg

2_zpspuhztcw0.jpg
U wouldn't happen to have that old intake ic pipe the maf mount would you ?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member

97snakebite

Established Member

SnakeBitten07

Established Member
Stock hood. The passenger's side strut is all the way back and all the way out currently, so the strut shaft is just outside the pocket molded into the hood for clearance. If I had the stock plates, notching likely wouldn't have been necessary since they don't allow for such a wide range of adjustment. Just didn't want to take a chance on whoever's doing the alignment shutting the hood and damaging it because they're not looking for interference.

You shouldn't have to notch the hood - just move the spacers from above the bearing plate to below. This is in the instructions, so strut travel loss is minimal - especially since the MM plates inherently move the strut piston up.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
With just the smallest spacer on top, the shaft still hit the edge of the pocket in the hood. Would like to run as much caster as possible, so notching was the only option.

Jermz1987

Established Member
Got some parts for my Cobra. I figured the grinding noise is coming from the transmission and clutch. So I purchased a new clutch and found a used t45 in my area with 60k on it for 400. So I will be installing these over the weekend if it does not rain. I also installed my new Diff Cover and steeda tri ax short shifter.

5DAE96C6-8B57-4DC2-B16D-739A4B84B543_2.jpg

D9D1AF42-BAAA-4D26-AB21-32314BDB4D6F_2.jpg
48750417-2BBE-4809-97E4-8D418AEA7786.jpg
E21687E3-3C32-470C-B549-606CFC59D78F_1.jpg

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Washed it on Wednesday for the first time in about 10 months. Not too bad really for a 20-year-old car with original paint.

wash_zps01mpuaeb.jpg

Yesterday afternoon I spent about two hours adjusting the coil-overs down further now that I don't have a low hanging exhaust needing ground clearance. I have no idea how much I really lowered the ride height as I didn't bother taking a before measurement. I just kept going until I was happy with how it looked. You can tell it was quite a bit though by comparing it to the above photo.

newStance1_edited_zpsoudznpjm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread