What did you do to your Cobra today?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Your pictures made it incredibly easy to know how much material to add, can't thank you enough for them! I still need to add vertical supports to the plate I had added but wanted to get it in the car first to know where to place them. My trans mount is a single bolt so I wanted to get it in to make sure the support plates aren't too close to the nut so I can still unbolt it.

Sweet! Glad to hear they were helpful! I can't wait to see your car finished and see what numbers it makes!

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Shake&Bake,

I remember drooling over your car a few years back at the AM show, we chatted for a few minutes. It's amazing how much progress you've made with it since then. Well done sir! I hope to meet you again soon one of these days.

marshall_cobra

Established Member
Had my saleen wing, saleen tonneau cover painted, and export mirrors painted! Got them installed along with full suspension upgrade over the last two weeks. Happy about the progress and the look i've got with the car.

IMG_3219_zpsv6njxrsv.jpg

IMG_3265_zpsjf0a1i8l.jpg

IMG_3297_zpscz36qgcm.jpg

Last edited:

marshall_cobra

Established Member
The gray inserts go really well with your car color imo. Nice ride!

Thanks man! I think they look great as well but its only a matter of time before i replace them with the dark charcoal inserts i think.. Never been a super big fan of the light inserts, i just happened to get a good deal on them and didnt have no luck on dark charcoals at the time.

96dreamer

Established Member
wrapped the roof gloss black
20160414_212506_zpspp6kbi23.jpg

Made this for the door insert the other day also. Love how they turned out.
20160405_165249_zpshk8o97fw.jpg

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Haven't really done shit to the car in the 2 years I've owned it. Hell, I've only put 2200 miles on it since February 2014. So I decided to have a few dress up things done. Had this piece made which I think came out great.

12961549_1115854428437509_2102506853069085640_n.jpg
13010794_1115854435104175_3921029925689222939_n.jpg

96dreamer

Established Member
picked up some new seats, grabbing some corbreau brackets this afternoon off craigslist. Should be going in this weekend
20160416_075825_zpsiy054fqi.jpg

96dreamer

Established Member
i grabbed an extra set of inserts from the junk yard. used a heat gun to melt the carpet down as much as i could then went back with bondo and filled it all in, took two layers. Sanded it all down shot it with a coat of paint to make sure the vinyl would stick and vinyl wrapped it with $8 carbon fiber vinyl off amazon.

josephcostello

Established Member
Ran some errands in mine, couple small pulls, broke necks. Came home and washed it. Now in the garage where she belongs and getting a full paint correction.

98floridacobra

Established Member
Had Lamotta Performance change gears to 4.10's and they even found the correct speedo gear. I love the 4.10's. Doing c/c plates and upper/lower control arms along with subframe connectors next.

Snagmaster

Established Member
Had Lamotta Performance change gears to 4.10's and they even found the correct speedo gear. I love the 4.10's. Doing c/c plates and upper/lower control arms along with subframe connectors next.

What rpms are you running at 60-70 mph on the freeway?, I'd like to know as I'm going for 3:73's or 4:10's this winter and would like to know how badly it will kill my mileage.

I'll most likely go with 3:73's as I like to road trip but it would be interesting to know how the 4:10's do.

Thanks in advance. Mark

Snagmaster

Established Member
I had pulled it outside to hookup my fifth wheel that was behind it in the garage and it took more time than I thought to get it back in, we've had a great spring here in Washington state and the fir trees dumped all their pollen into the area.

I'm standing in front of it and it's no longer black on black, it's now yellow all over the black, I should have put the cover on but it's been one of those months, I just had a total knee replacement 7 weeks back and it's been a chore to get anything done.
Now I have to get all the pollen out of all the nooks and crannies and it's going to take awhile.

Stupid mistake but I did it to myself, now if I could drive it I'd be on it right now but it's going to be a month till I get my new parts installed and I still need to get in and out of it, I'm disabled and it wasn't fun as it was as I'm 6 foot one, now it's going to be two inches lower.

Oh the humanity....

cobralvr01

Established Member
I took the past few days to plumb up the new brake lines, drill out the IRS bracket lower bolt holes, and switched out the flanges. All that's left is to expand the front control arm bucket holes to 9/16", cut the '03 cobra coils down 1 coil and the IRS is ready to go in. I've been waiting for this for over 5 years! :pepper:

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
I took the past few days to plumb up the new brake lines, drill out the IRS bracket lower bolt holes, and switched out the flanges. All that's left is to expand the front control arm bucket holes to 9/16", cut the '03 cobra coils down 1 coil and the IRS is ready to go in. I've been waiting for this for over 5 years! :pepper:

Nice! I would advise installing the springs uncut and seeing how you like it. I purchased some cut springs, not entirely sure how much they are cut probably 1.5 coils, and they were way to low. I have sense put in uncut springs and the car is lower than with the SRA but drivable. I would put the uncut in then trim if you want to lower. Would suck to cut to much and have to re buy springs.

cobralvr01

Established Member
Nice! I would advise installing the springs uncut and seeing how you like it. I purchased some cut springs, not entirely sure how much they are cut probably 1.5 coils, and they were way to low. I have sense put in uncut springs and the car is lower than with the SRA but drivable. I would put the uncut in then trim if you want to lower. Would suck to cut to much and have to re buy springs.

Good advice. Makes sense so I'll try that out first then.

Users who are viewing this thread