What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Swapped plugs in the 93 reef blue hatch. I thought maybe it had the original plugs being the mileage and still rocking the original plug wires.

I may swap out the original plug wires and store them away. They do need a cleaning.

Anyway, looks like I have some old Split Fire plugs! I also ordered a new pcv valve screen and grommet. Already have a new pcv valve.

We are finally getting some rain, and next week I see 60's. Might be starting up some cars next week!
fb3c3ea7915c361d0e9f9ce2dc99d72c.jpg
4c631f6b392193ffdfb09700a3de8050.jpg
34dd30917a5b162bffac112295b70352.jpg
f359480c96f793195175a799ceaadd82.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Now there's a spark plug I haven't seen in a LONG time. Some of those corroded really bad. Beyond the time for proper replacement. I'll bet you were surprised at how bad they were, Brady. What plug wires are you thinking to replace the OEM wires?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Now there's a spark plug I haven't seen in a LONG time. Some of those corroded really bad. Beyond the time for proper replacement. I'll bet you were surprised at how bad they were, Brady. What plug wires are you thinking to replace the OEM wires?
Yeah I'm glad I replaced them. I'm thinking stock style motorcraft plugs wires. I installed some on the convertible. They are longer than the original style wires though.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Do you have one? I understand it's Maisto, but from the pictures it looks ...it looks... I don't know how to say it LOL.... Let's just say it doesn't look as good as the Maisto 2003 Cobra's.

Also, this is a 1/24 scale.

If you have one, what's your take?

I do not have one...pretty much for the same reasons.

The 93 Cobra group on FB is flipping out about it and they are selling like hotcakes. Guys are flipping them for $100 each. Cheapest I found on ebay was $51/shipped and they don't last long.

I didn't buy one because it looks.....ehh. I've purchased some Maisto 1:24's before on Amazon for $15. That's kinda where I expect this to be.

I'll wait for it to be available on Amazon. In the meantime, i have 4 of the GMP 1993 Cobras to hold me over.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I do not have one...pretty much for the same reasons.

The 93 Cobra group on FB is flipping out about it and they are selling like hotcakes. Guys are flipping them for $100 each. Cheapest I found on ebay was $51/shipped and they don't last long.

I didn't buy one because it looks.....ehh. I've purchased some Maisto 1:24's before on Amazon for $15. That's kinda where I expect this to be.

I'll wait for it to be available on Amazon. In the meantime, i have 4 of the GMP 1993 Cobras to hold me over.
Yeah, since I have the GMP collection, guys can keep this Maisto at $100 LOL. I might pay $15 just to say I have one LOL...

But I agree with you on the "it looks....ehh" rating.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The 1:64 scale greenlights look way better than that Maisto 1:24 scale.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Just got my dakota digital rtx dash but just saw this dash from DDI has anyone ran this one was it a pain to wire? 12.3
That dash is a nice alternative. I had to have something that looked as close to factory as possible which is why I went with the Dakota Digital.

The Dakota wiring was pretty straight forward. I'm sure this DD-EFI pro dash will be the same. They also sell the installation wiring harness so you can just plug into your existing wiring harness. That makes it even easier, so you don't have to splice into your factory wires.

I'm sure the installation will be about the same for both. I believe it's pricing and looks that will determine which route a person chooses.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Knocked it out last night. The dash looks amazing but the box with all the wiring is big to try to hide it somewhere.

Looks badass! I love mine. Yeah, that box is a little bigger than I thought. I wanted to place it behind the radio, but with the center console bracket I couldn't get it to fit. I thought about the driver's kick panel area, but I knew I was going to buy the Fox Lox system and it has about 5 or 6 relays and I placed it in the kick panel area.

I ended up placing that Dakota Digital box on the HVAC box behind the dash between the center vents and glove box. It's tight, but works.

Have you downloaded the app so you can make your adjustments through the phone? Where did you place the I / II switch? I placed mine in my glove box for now. Think I'm going to mount it in the ash tray area one day.....

triple-s

Established Member
Looks badass! I love mine. Yeah, that box is a little bigger than I thought. I wanted to place it behind the radio, but with the center console bracket I couldn't get it to fit. I thought about the driver's kick panel area, but I knew I was going to buy the Fox Lox system and it has about 5 or 6 relays and I placed it in the kick panel area.

I ended up placing that Dakota Digital box on the HVAC box behind the dash between the center vents and glove box. It's tight, but works.

Have you downloaded the app so you can make your adjustments through the phone? Where did you place the I / II switch? I placed mine in my glove box for now. Think I'm going to mount it in the ash tray area one day.....
I mounted it right on the bottom of the cluster bezel but the wire barely reached.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

triple-s

Established Member
Really? Did you buy the installation kit from Newrad solutions? I had wire to spare....

Yeah I bought that kit it was a life saver. I'll probably extend it next week since I'll be busy this weekend at a carshow. Where did you mount the switch?

Users who are viewing this thread