what do 03/04 Stock Verts run 1/4mile?

supercoolsix

Established Member
i'm purchasing one *crossing fingers* on tuesday and was wondering if 12s were possible stock..well its not really stock it has Magnaflow mufflers+K&N Filter and its lowered... so yah, what should i run high12s/low 13s..??

thanks in advance!

ps. how do u eliminate "wheel hop" especially during 1st gear...

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
it will run high 12's low 13's trust me.

wheel hop is a hard issue to resolve. but ever since ive changed rims,for some reason i havent got it to hop one single time.

i cant even hear or feel the tires spin. got me sideway making a lane change one time. scarry stuff.

all the irs bushing and control arm bushings help a tad, shocks will help greater but the biggest change will be tires i think.

supercoolsix

Established Member
projekZERO said:
it will run high 12's low 13's trust me.

wheel hop is a hard issue to resolve. but ever since ive changed rims,for some reason i havent got it to hop one single time.

i cant even hear or feel the tires spin. got me sideway making a lane change one time. scarry stuff.

all the irs bushing and control arm bushings help a tad, shocks will help greater but the biggest change will be tires i think.

is high 12s/low13s considered ...considerably slow fora supercharged V8?? my V6 mustang supercharged was running mid 13s (it was a coupe w/295rwhp)

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I'm not trying to sound like a conceded ass, but I would disagree with every post thus far... that's just me.

:pop:

Last edited:

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
stock my car ran 12.81 at 117 with f1s
with drag radials and 2.81 pulley and cold air ran 12.23 at 123 unprepped track for legal street racing...after that pass no more with no roll bar sucks we changed to nhra track in bradenton

NBM2k2SS

Established Member
ProchargerCobra said:
with drag radials and 2.81 pulley and cold air ran 12.23 at 123 unprepped track for legal street racing...after that pass no more with no roll bar sucks we changed to nhra track in bradenton

Stock 12.81@117 :lol: .........I don't think so buddy

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
my vert ran a 12.77 with nothing but cai on it and two of us in the car. granted it was 40 degrees outside but it did it. i ran a 10.3 1000ft this weekend several times at the track with catback, predator, and cai. this is on stock tires with no powershifting, .6 reaction time and 1.7anchange- 1.9 60ft. verts are very easily in the mid to high 12s with just a little work and a ton of practice. And yes wheelop is your enemy....but on the track it is nonexistent almost. :burnout:

rmgtc01

Established Member
I ran a 12.5; .5 reaction-with K&N CAI, Flowmaster cat, bushings, brackets, short throw, and some
new Nitto's. I was at a 1/4 tank of gas, took out the rear seat, and took out the spare tire and jack. If you can launch well and drive the $hit out of it, I don't see why you can't make high 12's stock. The stock F1's should be the first to go to have a better chance.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
My first mod was the clutch quad and adjuster......do that and you can powershift, get some drag radials or et streets (have these) that gets rid of the wheel hop and spinning. get an irs brace so you don't grenade the rear end with the hard launches on slicks and even with stock tires it is a good idea because with wheel hop kiss your diff cover goodbye. Then do power mods. see my sig that is my best time with a mac 3" CB. I still have the stock intake with paper filter. If your a really good driver you could probably see a high 12 without any mods.

supercoolsix

Established Member
what do you guys usually launch your verts at w/ stock tires???

do i NOT floor it first gear to prevent wheel hop..

i'm going to try to do my best with the STOCK tires ..and see what i can do... thanks for the advice and pointers guys!! i appreciate it!

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
ok....sat was my first time at the track and let me tell you..track and street could not be more opposite. i launched at 2000rpm at the track which is undoable on the street as per mentioned wheelhop. i DID NOT wheel hop but 2 times out of about 10 runs. as soon as i saw the last yellow light i popped the clutch waited a millisecond and floored it. it hooked and launched like a rocket. now...the thing to remember is that all tracks are not prepped the same so you might not hook as good as i was. just have to see how it is running that day and what you can get away with before the hop sneaks in. good luck..and get ready...because sat. was the first time i have ever been able to put my car to the floor for the majority of first gear and i had no idea what i was missing! :rockon:

supercoolsix

Established Member
svtexcelr8 said:
ok....sat was my first time at the track and let me tell you..track and street could not be more opposite. i launched at 2000rpm at the track which is undoable on the street as per mentioned wheelhop. i DID NOT wheel hop but 2 times out of about 10 runs. as soon as i saw the last yellow light i popped the clutch waited a millisecond and floored it. it hooked and launched like a rocket. now...the thing to remember is that all tracks are not prepped the same so you might not hook as good as i was. just have to see how it is running that day and what you can get away with before the hop sneaks in. good luck..and get ready...because sat. was the first time i have ever been able to put my car to the floor for the majority of first gear and i had no idea what i was missing! :rockon:

what did u run?

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
my best was a 10.3 1000ft. we dont have a 1/4 mile track around here so 1000ft and 1/8 are all the numbers we have. i ran several 10.3's, a few 10.4's and a few 10.5's. best 60 ft was 1.7andchange...best reaction .6andchange...and mph at 1000ft was between102-104 depending on the run. most runs were hotlapped. i think my 1/8 times were like 8.1 and 8.2. all on stock goodyears and stock pulley. i love this car. very well prepped track. the perfect reaction time at our track is .500.

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
ProchargerCobra said:

No way in hell you trapped 117 stock, Do you race at brandenton?

pottsy

Established Member
ProchargerCobra said:

You mean 107? I would believe that, but 117 mph? Someone must have stuck a pulley/tune on there without you knowing about it... :shrug:

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Damn you all seem to have magic cars running these times.

I've never seen times or traps like that from stock 03/04 Cobras (much less heavier 'verts) and I've seen quite a lot of them run.

I guess I am in the ball camp of the few who also cried BS.

Maybe everyone is using the Motor Trend Correction factor???

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
um who are you talking to? all of mine are on video not to mention i have the slips from the runs and about ten people on here who saw it.

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
i fastest time stock was 12.8@109mph

my fastest mph stock was 13.0@110mph

i think mid 12's are possible on the right track with the right driver.

Users who are viewing this thread