what do 03/04 Stock Verts run 1/4mile?

Mxboost

Established Member
Well, ran again tonight. I managed a 13.5, and consistantly ran 13.6's all night. Launched from an idle with 2.2 60 ft times. I'm happy with it. Especially since there were two guy's from work, one has a Nova SS, the other has a 83 Capri, that thought they were going to run 12's. Neither could get out of the 14's. Neither were assholes about it, but did think they had fast cars. It's good to be king at work. Now if I could drag my other buddy, from work, with his Roush 380R to the track. :coolman:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Not bad, it is still improvement so you can't complain about that. :thumbsup: What did you change since the last run, the things that were mentioned? (i.e. tire pressure, fuel level, speed shifting, launch, etc.)
I know it is hard not to be able to drive this car like you want to, especially fearing the rear end demon. Nobody wants to tow the car home, so I think it makes you hold back a little bit until you get those weak points addressed.

Mxboost

Established Member
I think the big change was the launch. I did so from an idle. I didn't really notice a big change in my 60 ft times from last time, but it made a difference some how. I made nine runs, and every shift from first to second, it wheel hopped. It wasn't violent, just maybe one or two hops. I have my theory on tire pressure, but I may drop them down to about 20psi just to try next time.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
After a hour and half drive to MIR i let it sit for 15 min then busted out a 12.9 @107mph pass on 18's all stock Street tires /with air silencer still in . Yeah 12.9's sound right . Who knows now what she will run with all this crap on here LOL :shrug: :read:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread