what do 03/04 Stock Verts run 1/4mile?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
ProchargerCobra said:
stock my car ran 12.81 at 117 with f1s
with drag radials and 2.81 pulley and cold air ran 12.23 at 123 unprepped track for legal street racing...after that pass no more with no roll bar sucks we changed to nhra track in bradenton

:lol:

t4c7824

TZODD
Established Member
I am definatley gonna hold the bullshit flag up here, I ran my cobra here in texas and it ran a 13.4 @ 106 with predator tune, wheel hop, smoking the tires through 2nd and 3rd and I cant drive a stick obviously at the track. A perfect driver on a perfect track may be able to get a 12 and the conditions also warrant the times.
Now I have the 2.80 pulley and the tune, if tires is really the key and it puts me in the 12's I will jump for joy. But I am not going to go for the 12's and then have to go to the shop to replace a rear end. As it is I am worried about bloweing the irs out or hurting it.
Last night I launched low and still ran 14.XX @ 104 and then a 13.XX @ 106 cant get any faster it appears here.
Just me rambling I guess......

rmgtc01

Established Member
t4c7824 said:
I am definatley gonna hold the bullshit flag up here, I ran my cobra here in texas and it ran a 13.4 @ 106 with predator tune, wheel hop, smoking the tires through 2nd and 3rd and I cant drive a stick obviously at the track. A perfect driver on a perfect track may be able to get a 12 and the conditions also warrant the times.
Now I have the 2.80 pulley and the tune, if tires is really the key and it puts me in the 12's I will jump for joy. But I am not going to go for the 12's and then have to go to the shop to replace a rear end. As it is I am worried about bloweing the irs out or hurting it.
Last night I launched low and still ran 14.XX @ 104 and then a 13.XX @ 106 cant get any faster it appears here.

That sucks man. Must be frustrating. I ran a 13.6 @ 98 with my 01 GT vert with bolt ons. Tires and launching are the key, once you are going it's all down hill. Speed shifting helps too, espescially on this motor to keep up the boost. I can understand not wanting to tow the car home after trying to have some track fun though. Wheel hop sucks on these cars, and messing up the rear sucks even more. When I got the NIttos, the hop went away in the dry weather. Wet is still slightly there. Got a 12.5 with the basics and the Nitto's.
Try again after some tires,...good luck :thumbsup:

Tman

Established Member
My best so far is 12.8 at 115 but with a crappy 60 foot time and wheelhop in first and 2nd gear as well, with more practice Im pretty sure I can get down to around 12.1-12.3 on street tires. One of my friends ran 12.6 bone stock but it was also a hardtop so I can see that with a good driver its pretty possible but I also agree that a 117mph trap speed is a bit much for a stock pulley.

yellow03vert

Established Member
Best time with just a K&N fipk was 12.95 @109.2 once you get a feel for your car high12's low13's is not hard at all. Just keep practicing and the nitto drag radials will help get rid of alot of wheel hop at least it did with my car.

allmotorTA

Established Member
My best time (hardtop) stock was 12.70 @ 112. I was also with my buddy when he bought a 10th anniversary vert and went to the track the same day (less than 150 miles by the time we got to the track) and he went 12.8x @ 109. All this was done at us41 btw.

Tman

Established Member
Just ran last night and went 12.7's on 5 runs at an average of 115 and hit 12.6 once at 116+ with 90 degrees heat! It was so freaking hot at the track. Getting better at 60 foot times as well, kept getting 2.1xxx on street tires.
Hopefully that helps you a bit more. :thumbsup:

SVTSNK2004

Banned
supercoolsix said:
is high 12s/low13s considered ...considerably slow fora supercharged V8?? my V6 mustang supercharged was running mid 13s (it was a coupe w/295rwhp)

V6, "I like V6 Mutang's". They are great swapping V8's into.. Also your V6 did not weigh 4,000 pound's with a driver. My stock 04 Conv has went a best of 12.8. That was with the spare tire removed and jack. Full tank of gas though!!

SVTSNK2004

Banned
SnakeSkinner said:
You think wrong.

Cobra hater's every where. Ruffian's about. Twinkle Twinkle.. Wait, you must be one of the poser's who wish they have one, to be trolling in the thread with your Supra. "90's are over time to move on to a new car guy".. "Donkey Puncher"....................................................

87FOXGT

Established Member
you should be happy if you hit 12s. so many factors involved, that a 12 sec slip with a bone stock vert is pretty good IMO

I did 13.10 @108.25 bone stock in about 80 degree temps and my first time racing a stick shift car in almost 5 years.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
learn to drive the car, and keep the tires fresh. U will see a 12sec timeslip. 03 vert here.

supercoolsix

Established Member
87FOXGT said:
you should be happy if you hit 12s. so many factors involved, that a 12 sec slip with a bone stock vert is pretty good IMO

I did 13.10 @108.25 bone stock in about 80 degree temps and my first time racing a stick shift car in almost 5 years.

with these mods im about to put this summer ..are 11s possible?

Magnaflow Exhaust (Installed)
Steeda Air Filter (Installed)
HR SS Springs (Installed)
MM Caster Camber Plates (Installed)
2.80" LFP Pulley (ordering)
SCT XCalibrator (ordering)
Dynotuned (local SCT tuner)
Billetflow Idlers (ordering)
hoping 440-460rwhp/440-460rwtq
Nitto Drag Radials 305/35/18
MGW Blue Shifter (ordering)

are high 11s possible?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
t4c7824 said:
May be the track you're at. I ran a 13.2@107 at Union Grove, WI and I changed venues to Byron and ran a 12.9@109. There was way more stick at the line @ Byron. I just spun through 2nd at the other place.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
supercoolsix said:
with these mods im about to put this summer ..are 11s possible?

Magnaflow Exhaust (Installed)
Steeda Air Filter (Installed)
HR SS Springs (Installed)
MM Caster Camber Plates (Installed)
2.80" LFP Pulley (ordering)
SCT XCalibrator (ordering)
Dynotuned (local SCT tuner)
Billetflow Idlers (ordering)
hoping 440-460rwhp/440-460rwtq
Nitto Drag Radials 305/35/18
MGW Blue Shifter (ordering)

are high 11s possible?

I ran a 12.3@114 with a 2.93 pulley, C&L MAF housing, Predator tune,Pro 5.0 shifter and nothing else on the stock Goodyears, so I would say you could easily.

I took the spare out too.

Mxboost

Established Member
I ran for the first time last night. The best I could muster was a 13.9 at 104. It was hot as hell, times just got worse after that. I'll chalk it up to, I suck as a driver.

Users who are viewing this thread