What do you guys do for work?

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
Senior Staff Accountant...

it sucks having such job security... i post all day at work and am really only busy at month end and year end when i prepare financials...

it kicks butT!

how was the cpa exam?

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
how was the cpa exam?

Pfft CPA Exam?

Naw.. the CPA exam is for Accountants that cant think outside the box or just want to do Audits and Tax all day...

I am working on my CMA certification and CFA Cert... CMA (Cert. Managerial Acct) and CFA (Cert. Financial Analyist)...

I work more with processes and software development, i write databases for our accounting functions and help setup software for different areas of our business. I wear jeans and a Teeshirt to work... its a great job.. lots of thinking.. and i didnt have to spend 5 years at a CPA firm working 100 hours a week just to get my CPA and make the same amount of cash i make now...

My direct boss is the VP of finance and she is retiring as soon as my CMA and MBA are finished and i get her job... after that i can work on becoming the next CEO... which pays upwards of $250K a year + bonus...

i like my job... and i like the company... so yeah..

i have talked with older CPAs who told me that a CPA isnt what they thought it would be or that is isnt really needed.. they wished they had the coursework and experiance i had instead of 8 years experiance doing taxes and audits...

i do SOX compliance, Software development, Management functions, and analysis... its cake walk for me..

so no CPA:rockon:

svtfordracing01

SilverStorm
Established Member
I work in my family's Ace Hardware while I put myself through college. I'm only 21, but I've worked for my dad at Ace since I was 9. Now thats what I call child labor.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Retired R.R.engineer, and full time loafer. I do house work and cook for the wife who still works full time and will for the next 17 yrs. Kids are grown and gone. I get to play alot of online poker.:beer:

robloz50

Established Member
I work for National Oilwell Varco here in Houston.
Im 28 and i assemble and test Blowout Preventers for the Oil field.
Lots of OT every week!:banana:

truk

Established Member
i thought i had a good job !! i just test airplane brakes on a 120 inch dyno! i love it when i get to burn up 80000.00 dollars worth of hard ware!! lots of smoke and fire!!! nothing like 75000 lbs of load and hitting the brakes and spitting out 60000.0 ft lbs of torque

Users who are viewing this thread