What do you think it will run?

stangman1

Established Member
Just bought an 03 cobra this weekend. It was listed on here & several other sites. 03 Cobra ZY with 16,000 miles. It has a Kenne Bell Mammouth 2.8 blower. Car has Kooks long tubes, high flow chatted kooks x pipe & a 3.73 gear. It also has all corresponding mods for the blower. Sct 3000 tuner. Was tuned by Steeda in Ontario. Car made 630 RWHP & 539 torque. It's running 15lbs of boost. I will be on a set of ET streets. Going to the track Sunday hoping to bust into the 10's. I know this car pulls hard as hell.... What do you guys think this car will run? I am shooting for 11.60's on street tires & 10.80's on DR's....

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Power is there. Any suspension work? If you can launch it well and get through the gears nicely, you shouldn't have an issue with hitting your goals. Good luck.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Congrats on the new Cobra...good hp there!!! It will all be about how well you can drive the car!!

Good luck :beer:

stangman1

Established Member
As far as suspension mods go it only has a few. It has a Steeda wheel hop kit & some king of brackets on the wheel wells for the cradle that holds in the IRS. It also has a rear diff cover brace. I will be on a set of 315 40 r 17 ET street 2 drag radials. I don't plan on beating the hell out of it. Prob be launching in the 2000-2500 range. I can get through the gears but this car doesn't like to be speed shifted at all. Clutch pedal gets spongy when I do. It has a spec 2 clutch.

stangman1

Established Member
We are all going to the track on Sunday for a street car Shootout. I will post up some #'s next week!!! Thanks for all the info & input!!!

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
If the suspension is setup it can go 10.8s no doubt if you drive it hard. Whats up with the low torque?

stangman1

Established Member
Not sure on the torque. It looked low to me as well. It was dynoed by the previous owner at Steeda in Ontario Canada. I got a dyno sheet but it didn't have much info on it. He said it was dynoed at 18 degree timing 11.2 AR & 15lbs boost...I plan on having it dynoed again after I do some work on the rear suspension this winter!

Blackedout

Established Member
Take it easy on the IRS with the drag radials or you'll be repalcing the halfshafts..

stangman1

Established Member
Yea, I have heard all the stories. That's why I am only going to launch fairly soft. I am excited to see what it will run. Can't wait to beat on some Chevy's. lol

stangman1

Established Member
Well, mother nature didnt cooperate this weekend. Our race got rescheduled for this Sunday. So it looks like i am going to have to wait another week to see what she will run...It actually works to my advantage because am ordering a set of 26X11.5 R17 ET Streets to throw on a set of 98 cobra wheels i have for the track...So maybe i can let her eat on Sunday!!!

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
630hp on 15psi with a stock motor? That's turbo numbers there man. Either that's very good or bs. If it really makes that power your going to break those half shafts with the drag radials. I would go with a 28" Mickey Thompson but with a 15" wheel. That side wall is what saves the IRS.

01SilverGt

Established Member
630hp on 15psi with a stock motor? That's turbo numbers there man. Either that's very good or bs. If it really makes that power your going to break those half shafts with the drag radials. I would go with a 28" Mickey Thompson but with a 15" wheel. That side wall is what saves the IRS.

Was going to say the same thing. Those numbers are awesome my friends cobra made 600/600 with a 2.2 ken bell On 21 pounds i don't see how those numbers seem low to people wow!

stangman1

Established Member
I can't verify that those #'s are correct. All I know is that's what the prev owner told me & what the dyno sheet he gave me says. It could be a dyno sheet from another car maybe, I am not sure. I am getting a set of MT ET street bias ply tires for this Sunday.also I can't get a 15" rim on the IRS...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^You gotta do some grinding for a 15" wheel and when you do get new tires if at all possible get 28" slicks.

Torque is low because that blower is barely making any boost lol. At least that would be my guess.

stangman1

Established Member
Called Steeda today to ask them about the car, all the work that I have receipts for, & the dyno #'s.. I confirmed everything but the dyno info. The guy said he remembered the car & they do a dyno with every KB install. He said he remembered the car made big #'s but couldn't confirm anything. He told me to call back tomorrow & speak with the tuner in the shop. He has records on every car he tunes. He was not at work today to speak to! I am pretty sure the dyno #'s are legit but will know for sure tomorrow! The guy that I bought this car from spent 16k at Steeda from feb- July of this year.. I have every single receipt! This car was bone stock in Feb 2012... All mods have less than 2k miles on them.cant wait to see what it runs. Looks like it might be next year before I find out though! Lol... We got hit with about 6" of snow last night! Not looking good for the Shootout on Sunday!!!

Users who are viewing this thread