Votes: 147 89.1%
  • Would rather have somthing different.

Votes: 18 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
cobrabro- it may not be a lot of weight, but when doing weight reduction you aren't going to find one big thing you can take off the car and lose 250-300lbs. Weight reduction is a bunch of little things that add up to alot. Thats why I decided to buy the CF hood, plus, it will look awsome. So I am hoping that with the CF hood, recaro seats, and then when I take out the backseat/spare tire/jack I will be able to loose a good amount.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
cobrabro- it may not be a lot of weight, but when doing weight reduction you aren't going to find one big thing you can take off the car and lose 250-300lbs. Weight reduction is a bunch of little things that add up to alot. Thats why I decided to buy the CF hood, plus, it will look awsome. So I am hoping that with the CF hood, recaro seats, and then when I take out the backseat/spare tire/jack I will be able to loose a good amount.

I know that, but thats what I am saying... I dont beleive in chopping out little odds and ends out just to get that extra 100 to 200 lbs off my back, like I said, unless I was in a compatition. The CF hood is a very impressive looking hood, I dont doubt that, but pulling out the cars seats, changing the hood, removing the spare/tire jack, for a physical difference in weight that equates to maybe a tenth or 2 of a difference on the track just isnt worth the time or money, IMO, unless I am entering a class with certain weight restrictions.

KOOY

Established Member
KevinJKD, how much are you paying for the hood? And where to get one of that? A web link is very appreiated. BTW, more picture after you install it. please.

davidmax

Established Member
I'm carbon fiber as soon as Sean or Steeda has 1 available.I have a Mineral Grey and I will use it both for for weight and looks.It will remain unpainted along with a rear trunk lid.
I've shedded alot of weight hollow sway bar,aluminum block,rear seat delete,lighter suspension components,wheels and tires,and much more.What a cheap way to gain ET,I would love to find a CF front splitter(gets squirly at 165+)and a CF rear 12" spoiler,for down force.
Dave Smilovic

SnakeR

Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
I'm carbon fiber as soon as Sean or Steeda has 1 available.I have a Mineral Grey and I will use it both for for weight and looks.It will remain unpainted along with a rear trunk lid.
I've shedded alot of weight hollow sway bar,aluminum block,rear seat delete,lighter suspension components,wheels and tires,and much more.What a cheap way to gain ET,I would love to find a CF front splitter(gets squirly at 165+)and a CF rear 12" spoiler,for down force.
Dave Smilovic

Perhaps the two corner CF splitters from Paper Flames will mount up well?

A nice rear spoiler could be the Saleen S281 or the Ground Designs Black Widow. Black Widow was shown in MM&FF as having CF but I'm not sure.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Someone say Black Widow?

mailedD91.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread