• I love my hood and think it's great!

Votes: 147 89.1%
  • Would rather have somthing different.

Votes: 18 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LCCOBRA

Established Member
What do you think? I been hearing something about the cobra r hood that is modified for our cars. Think that would look sweat. Just wanted to see what you all thought.

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I think our hood looks perfect. Its just too heavy, so I have one on the way. ;-) The second it comes in I will show all you guys the pics.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I love the '03 hood. The Cobra R hood is very cool too. I wouldn't do the swap though. Too "wannabe" for me. I'm going to swap my spoiler for the s281 spoiler (w/o side pieces) and that is on the edge of being a poser IMO.

yermo

Established Member
love the hood. wish that ford would have done the "hood mod" from the factory, is the only thing.

SnakeR

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
I think our hood looks perfect. Its just too heavy, so I have one on the way. ;-) The second it comes in I will show all you guys the pics.

Are you getting the carbon fiber one from SHM?

Brad

Banned
The stocker is nice, but you need to be a body builder to lift the damn thing up, too heavy for sure.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Are you getting the carbon fiber one from SHM?

Well, I didn't want to give it away until I got it on the car but, I have had the 03 CF hood in my garage for about 3 months now. It looks AMAZING. One problem though, right as I was about to put it on the car I noticed a crack on the side!!! :bash: And since its CF its not fixable. So I have been going through a bunch of crap to get another one shipped out. The insurance company had to talk to every single person that handled the hood, find out if it was reported as damaged, bla bla bla. I have had to make numerous calls to make sure things keep moving. Because the insurance/shipping company could care less when I get another hood so they are just taking their sweet time. After a month and a half I finally got word that the insurance place will cut a check for the hood and as soon as that check gets delivered I was told they will have a another hood shipped out ASAP. I can't wait to show you guys, its the best looking hood I have ever seen.

I am hoping that with my Recaro seats, rear seat delete, spare tire and jack out, light ccw rims, and the CF hood I can loose a decent amount of weight.

make sure you paint it!!!!!!!

Why is that? I was going to leave it unpainted. I think it would look great on a black car.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
The stocker is nice, but you need to be a body builder to lift the damn thing up, too heavy for sure.
I'm surprised you can push in the clutch then.:-D

03CobraBro

Established Member
I think its the best looking hood ever put on a stock mustang... Cobra R included. The Cobra R's hood looks good relative to its down force fascia and rear spoiler, but I just couldnt picture anything looking any better than the stock 03 Cobra's hood on the 03 Cobra.

As far as the weight goes... Its supposed to be made out of "composit material". How much does our hood weigh in comparison to the Mustang GT?

As far as you guys having trouble lifting your hood... Its time to step away from your Cobra, put down the keys, and take all that money you planned on using to mod your car with and invest in a membership at your local health club. :D

Last edited:

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
[devils advocate] Don't like the look or the fact that it leaks. For 35K you'd think they could design a functional one that does not leak.[/devils advocate]

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
The stock 03 Cobra hood is awesome, unique and aggressive. Leak?? Are you talking about a little water on the inside hood insulation, big deal, comes with having a functional hood. For you guys that think the hood is too heavy to lift, gimme a ****ing break. Maybe you should get one of those Ricer Carbon Fiber Hoods! "Let's see what else we can complain about".

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Originally posted by KOOY
excuse me, what is a CF hood? What does the letters CF stand for?
CF = Carbon Fiber.

I love the stock hood. It looks good from the outside and I love looking down the hood from the driver's seat.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I like the way the stock hood looks....its no '00 Cobra R but its still unique :D

Users who are viewing this thread