• I love my hood and think it's great!

Votes: 147 89.1%
  • Would rather have somthing different.

Votes: 18 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LCCOBRA

Established Member

I see that everyone loves their hood:) I just did the hood mod did'nt come out how I wanted it to but it still looks better then it was. I need that flex trim. Anyone have some for sale?

Quick03SVT

Established Member
I think the '03 hood is the best I have seen and cannot see myself changing it out. As far as being heavy...join the gym brutha!

Gotta question for those of you who have hood mod'd... Is there any draw back to doing this? Such as water draining into the engine compartment? Not that that is a big issue or anything...

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
The 2003 Cobra Hood simply rocks! I love the looks of it. It is a bit heavy though. I love the looks it brings out the car well. -Mat-

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
JMO. like the '03 hood but would prefer a SVO Cobra R style hood with ram air. But mainly I just like the looks. Only down side is that it would take away some of the sleeper potential. LOL.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
KevinJKD - can you give us any idea of how much the weight savings will be, or how much the CF hood weighs?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
all I can go by is how heavy it feels. When I pick it up it feels pretty light. I am sure that the stock hood would feel MUCH heavier if I lifted it. I don't think it will be a huge weight savings but I think it will be worth it, especially since it will look great.

Once I get the new one in I will post another thread with a bunch of pics and I will try to weigh both hoods somehow. Sorry I don't have any info yet.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
yea they don't have a good pic. Here, the guy I bought the hood from sent me this pic. Its not my hood or my car.

Like I mentioned, as soon as I get the other hood I will take a bunch of pics for you guys.

yermo

Established Member
That is going to look great i like the look of it on the black car!! what is cleaning process for something like that??? it looks awsome.

maxter

i like the hood for the obious sleeper points but i would rather have a shaker poking thru for the pure thrill of the sound that supercharger
makes. just gets my heart beating.

love it i do.

bond99

Established Member
For all you complaining about the weight of our hoods try opening the hood on a MACH 1-now those bastards are heavy!!

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
I think its the best looking hood ever put on a stock mustang... Cobra R included. The Cobra R's hood looks good relative to its down force fascia and rear spoiler, but I just couldnt picture anything looking any better than the stock 03 Cobra's hood on the 03 Cobra.

As far as the weight goes... Its supposed to be made out of "composit material". How much does our hood weigh in comparison to the Mustang GT?

As far as you guys having trouble lifting your hood... Its time to step away from your Cobra, put down the keys, and take all that money you planned on using to mod your car with and invest in a membership at your local health club. :D
Sorry, but " the best looking hood ever put on a stock mustang... Cobra R included" is the 96-98 Cobra hood. The 03 looks good, but IMO, the 96-98 hood wins hands down. Too bad it isn't as functional too.

SnakeR

Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeBit
Sorry, but " the best looking hood ever put on a stock mustang... Cobra R included" is the 96-98 Cobra hood. The 03 looks good, but IMO, the 96-98 hood wins hands down. Too bad it isn't as functional too.

:thumbsup:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
yermo - as far as I know, it comes with a clearcoat on it so you can wash it or wax it just like the stock hood.

2JZFAN

Established Member
Kevin,

Most Carbon products come with atleast one layer. If your going to leave it bare CF then take it and get atleast 2 more lays of clear put on also having it wet sanded. By doing this you make the CF much stronger, help it not yellow/fade, and best of all you extend its life before it falls apart.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
2JZ - when I bought it I was told that it had 3 layers of clearcoat. So I am hoping it really does, thanks for the heads up though, I appreciate it. Would you recommend putting a good coat of Zaino on it?

2JZFAN

Established Member
Absolutely treat it as you would the car.. but it wouldn't hurt to make sure no one leans on it or sits on it too. Polymer based products are great for CF really bonding to the clear coat and helping it stay fresh for years.

Make sure to get us some more pics, hope everything works out well for ya. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread