• I love my hood and think it's great!

Votes: 147 89.1%
  • Would rather have somthing different.

Votes: 18 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voice of Reason

Established Member
In that big pic of the hood it looks like there is a line running across the entire hood from left to right about 6" from the windhield end. Is that the crack you were refering to or is it a flaw in the CF? Or is it just a reflection? I would eventually like to go that route too and plan on leaving 90% of it unpainted (there's a pic of a CF hood with the border painted white in a past post that I liked).

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
make sure you paint it!!!!!!! :)

a CF hood on a blk car would look BADASS...dont paint it...if the car was blue or red, yeah paint it, but not blk...ull hardly tell the diffrence and itll look sweet!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
voice - that hood wasn't mine, that line you see should just be a reflection. I will take a pic of the damage on mine, one sec

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
well, I couldn't resist taking some nice pics of the hood. I was going to wait until it is on the car, but oh well, here are some pics.

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
And the damage. . . .the hood was not properly padded on the sides, and this is the result. When it came in I was so pumped to put it on the car, but when I found this I wanted to cry. And because my car is black this would be very noticeable, so there was no way I would accept this.

Last edited:

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
wow,,,wonder how that would look on mineral grey...

Great looking hood...now you need a hinge kit so you can get rid of that long bar....

Great Looking Hood...Good Luck with it!!!

Orange Poison

Established Member
Beautiful.......and anyone notice with our hoods, the front end around the headlight area doesn't give off that frown look like other mustangs and cobras have. (99-03)

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
Beautiful.......and anyone notice with our hoods, the front end around the headlight area doesn't give off that frown look like other mustangs and cobras have. (99-03)

Yes I have noticed and I think I like the '03 front end better.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Nice pics. I think that would also look good on a dark shadow grey Cobra. (At least from Kevin's pic with the entire hood next to the back of his car.)

Kevin - you have to promise us to weigh those suckers!

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Been thinking

I know that our 03 cobra hoods are geared for are year. But I think it would be cool to do a cobra r style hood on the 03. Would just have to figure out a way and were to cut for heat extractors and if their in the correct position. Would that even work and would this void warranty? Would defiantly be different from the rest of the 03's.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by caveman6666
[devils advocate] Don't like the look or the fact that it leaks. For 35K you'd think they could design a functional one that does not leak.[/devils advocate]

The only exterior component on that car that cant be concidered functional are the scoops on the side of the car...

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeBit
Sorry, but " the best looking hood ever put on a stock mustang... Cobra R included" is the 96-98 Cobra hood. The 03 looks good, but IMO, the 96-98 hood wins hands down. Too bad it isn't as functional too.

I didnt realize there was a right and a wrong answer. :shrug: You guys need to let me know these things. :rollseyes

KOTH

Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeBit
Sorry, but " the best looking hood ever put on a stock mustang... Cobra R included" is the 96-98 Cobra hood. The 03 looks good, but IMO, the 96-98 hood wins hands down. Too bad it isn't as functional too.

The '03 hood is the best hood of all time, space, and dimension!

Just kidding - I also dig the "fang hole" hoods from 96-98.:burnout: :burnout:

PDubs

Established Member
I dig the 03 hood. But the coolest thing I have seen is a 96-98 Cobra with the stock hood and nitrous valves (?) spraying out of the nostrils. Now THAT is freakin cool.

KOTH

Established Member
Originally posted by PDubs
I dig the 03 hood. But the coolest thing I have seen is a 96-98 Cobra with the stock hood and nitrous valves (?) spraying out of the nostrils. Now THAT is freakin cool.

That is cool - I would love to see that! :coolman:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Thinking about removeing the hood blanket

Is it a good idea to remove the hood blanket all together? Just was wondering if it messed anything up.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I like the 03 hood myself and even though I am not a fan of CF I do like the look of that hood. Has anyone weighed the stock hood and/or the CF hood? Im curious as to the weight difference.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I wonder that too... To be honest 20 to 30lbs weight difference isnt worth too much to me, IMO, unless I plan on entering this thing in some compatitions.

Users who are viewing this thread